Best Steak/Bar & Grill?

princess23

Jan 29, 2009
Hi all,

I'll be in the DR - Santo Domingo to visit my boyfriend and his family in a couple of weeks... I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good bar & grill or anywhere that has really good steak? We always go to Friday's and I want to mix it up this time... any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tasha

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Hi all,

I'll be in the DR - Santo Domingo to visit my boyfriend and his family in a couple of weeks... I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good bar & grill or anywhere that has really good steak? We always go to Friday's and I want to mix it up this time... any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tasha

This is copy of a previous post of mine answering your question;

After 2 years of living and enjoying the Argentine beef, I finally found something that closely compares, and I thought I would share it with the carne mongers.The owner is an Argentine and the steaks are cooked on a parilla.
Prices are not bad at all considering.
I had a Lomo(tenderloin) that was too much for one average persons appetite for I recolect was under 500 pesos.
It has a nice romantic well decored outdoor patio area.
Enjoy!!

Don Nestor
Direcci?n:
Lope de Vega No. 13 Plaza Progreso Business Center
Telefono:
809-412-1386

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Charlie's has a pretty good skirt steak (churasco). There are tables on the sidewalk outside, tables inside, and a cozy dining room in the basement which is not often used. Steaks are served on a wooden cutting board and very reasonably priced.

The exact location I forget because I usully don't pay attention to street names. Maybe another poster can help.

Charlie's borders on the Colonial Zone and Gazcue (I think) and is on the street one block west of the Obelisk that runs perpendicular to the Malecon.

I am truly sorry to hear that you have been eating at Friday's considering the options available.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Ive been there, it was pretty good, I would go back, especially if in the area, I dont think I'd make a special trip:

Charlie Steak House
Feliz Mariano Lluveres # 9, Gazcue
Santo Domingo
Tel?fono: (809) 688 6709

If you want a REALLY good steak and price isn't an issue, go to Porterhouse or David Crocket's

I think the beast deal for a great steak is Chef Pepper on Gustavo Mejia Reichert between Tiradentes and Lope de Vega. All USDA Angus and a NY strip, Churrasco, Filet, or Ribeye each cost less than 400 pesos. Awesome sides as well.

And less then a block away is a very popular place called Steakhouse Grill (or Cafe). It's sort of like a Dominican version of a TGIFriday's. Definitely has the bar and grill atmosphere, and the food's not bad...and I would geuss a bit more reasonable than TGIF.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I can endorse David Crocket . A reservation would be a good idea especially if you're eating later at night.

princess23

Jan 29, 2009
Thank you everyone for your help.. ! I will most definitely check out one or more of these!

mccabe8006

Jul 14, 2009
We are staying at dreams in La Romana for 1 week and would ;ike to take my wife out for a Nice Birthday Dinner at an Upscale Rest. any suggestions?