need your opinion, please

L

Lucian

My name is Lucian and I've just graduated at University of Film, department of Cinematography in Bucharest, Romania. I was thinking of immigrating to DR,... Does anybody know what are the chances of finding a job in this field (both cinematography and still photography,... or just as a simple cameraman)?
Thank you!

H

hillbilly

I doubt it. they just killed the best film director in the country,and I haven't heard if they are looking for a replacement.

E

ECH, M.D.

?Hillbilly? is not kidding! They did assassinate the top film director of the country a month or so ago. Not sure why, not a lot of details. Newspapers are not very good here about following up on stories, or if they did/do I miss them.

L

Lucian

So, the situation is really bad. Does anybody in DR make films these days? Do they have an "active" film industry?
And what about finding a job as a simple photographer? Doesn't anybody need services of a good, artistic photographer?
Thank you again!

R

Roberto

Hi there Lucian
the keys in this country no matter how good you are in what you do are
$$$$$$$$
depend and whos you know

so my advice for you
if you are good in what you do are to try to gett a contract with the Dominican Artistic Autoritys

I am sure that they need good profetional in this usue
if you can convence them that you can help them get the Dominican Flag up on this matter
they will give you a contract

if you dont beleive me
ask who was the presidente From the companie Codetel
and wher is it now doing what?

so my friend firts
if you have money
juts come for a few days doing normal holidays look around to se if you are still interesting in working her
if you dont have money
then contact you local autoritys in this matter
and then after contact oure local autoritys
it may take time to gett the firts answer because we are in politic now
so it is better to wait after the elections

<A HREF="http://serx.gov.do/">http://serx.gov.do/</A>
that is the url adres for oure local autoritys
wish you the best
succes on you quest

peace:)

L

Lucian

Thank you all for taking the time to reply!
Robert, the address you gave me isn't working!?
Cheers!!!

A

Angela Aracena

Lucian we are a country that is still in the development stages. The film director was murdered during a passional fight with his lover. So just don't get involved with individuals who are that PASSIONATE. On the other hand, I agree with every opinion. It is who you know. I live in Miami. Can you come here? There is a booming film industry in Miami. You can write to the Miami Chamber of Commerce. Good Luck.

R

Roberto

Hi lucian
I got you email and I juts Replly you about a few minutes ago
have a nice week end