Recent Reviews on Napolitano

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Hi.Im looking for a review... Has anyone been here as of late? I will be in Sto Dom for 4 nights this month and am looking at this hotel. They rate given to us was RD $14,000 including breakfast for 2 adults and 1 child. Thanks

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
I went ahead and booked this... For US$100 a night we have a Superior room on the 7th floor for 2 adults and 1 child and includes breakfast. Standard was slightly less and deluxe was a lot more. Will be out there the week of the 12th and will post some updated reviews on the hotel.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
That seems kind of high for the Napolitano...did you try the Melia or the Jaragua? They are WAY nicer and often have rooms with an amazing breakfast for two for around $100....

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Try to Jaragua

I am not sure which exact days you will be traveling, but the Jaragua has great rates. Suggest you log on to the Marriott website for rates.

Good Luck and enjoy:tired:

pholness

Jul 5, 2009
Can anyone confirm that the Hotel Napolitano allows dominican or any other guests AND DOES NOT CHARGE EXTRA?

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Hey...

Thanks for the input. Jaragua is out because the pool and fitness center is being renovated through July/August. One thing i can say is at least they were up front about this!!!!

Melia is another option... website prices for 4 nights worked out to be $456 for the 4 nights all taxes included . But there was no mention of breakfast... just said room only. I will call in the morning to see if breakfast is included. Thank you

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
If you haven't finalized your booking yet, you can also try the Intercontinental. Also try a few of the booking sites like oribitz, bookit.com, travelocity, etc. sometimes you may get a better rate...

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Hey...

Thanks for the input. Jaragua is out because the pool and fitness center is being renovated through July/August. One thing i can say is at least they were up front about this!!!!

Melia is another option... website prices for 4 nights worked out to be $456 for the 4 nights all taxes included . But there was no mention of breakfast... just said room only. I will call in the morning to see if breakfast is included. Thank you

Guests of the Jaragua are being given access to the pool at the Meli? during the renovations. I'm not sure of they have access to the Meli? fitness center. It's just a short walk out a back gate by the Jaragia pool to the Meli? entrance.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Not positive but...

I think there is only one room on the "7th floor" and the elavator stops at 6, if this is the room I stated in a couple years back, it was awesome.
Separate bedroom and living room bot with their own TV, mini bar etc. but the best part the roof top lounging area with table and four chairs.
I got the old gringo up sell "only one room left and likely paid more than 100U$ but I enjoyed the room the view etc.
Breakfast was served buffet style by the pool.
Enjoy,
ggparts

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Jaragua Pool/Spa

No doubt that the Jaragua has one of the best pools and spa on on the malecon. - Since their pool/spa is out of order for a while, i am sure that their bookings are down as well. This means that the other hotels will gladly grab their bookings and up thier prices as well.

As for the Napolitano hotel allowing guests, - Forget about it. Unless you are good at "Sneaking" your guests up to your room then you can forget about it.

Best to find a hotel that will allow guests. - If you are just looking for a good hotel that you can get a good rest at with a great location and no problems with guest (and of course clean and safe), then I would try to the Maison Gautreaux. Send the owners an email and they will take good care of you. The price, location, charm are the best on the island.

Hotel Maison Gautreaux... En Santo Domingo, Algo Distinto.

Tell them David send you...

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Sol Melia is a viable option at US$456 for 4 nights, only US$50 more than Napolitano

I looked it up and several posters said that a breakfast buffet was included... can anyone confirm this and how to get it included? I spoke to a customer service rep and they had said there has never been a breakfast buffet included. You know how that goes....

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
I found the answer...

Some sites (cheapcarribean) offer the "royal service" option which includes a full breakfast. Total cost $759. Big difference for breakfast opposed to $456.

Sol Melia does not even have this option on their website. I will stick with the basics.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Sol Melia is a viable option at US$456 for 4 nights, only US$50 more than Napolitano

I looked it up and several posters said that a breakfast buffet was included... can anyone confirm this and how to get it included? I spoke to a customer service rep and they had said there has never been a breakfast buffet included. You know how that goes....

I only stayed there once, paid around $100 a night and the buffet was definitely included. At the Jaragua it is optional, depending on the package you book (right on the marriott.com site). At both hotels, it is more like a high-end brunch, rather than a breakfast buffet. The buffet at the Intercontinental is ok, but not nearly as nice, Ive never stayed at the Napolitano, so can't compare.

However, unless you're into huge breakfasts every morning, my favorite place for breakfast, Cafe Villar Hmnos. is just a few blocks from all hotels mentioned, and you can have a great breakfast there for around 100 pesos...it is a HUGE bakery, coffee shop, deli, and restaurant...

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Thanks David...
Thats what i was thinking myself... someplace local for breakfast everyday. From what i am reading and other reviews there is really no comparing the 2 hotels. For $50 more i am going with Melia... Thanks for everyone who suggested to look into it.

Ps... I like to make sure i am getting the best price at something. Orbitz and all the others couldnt match this price neither could Liberty Travel. Also had someone contact them direct from the capital to see if they could get a better price as a citizen... they wanted $300 more. Go figure!

Thanks again to all for the help.

boricuaonline

Jun 1, 2003
I have stayed at Napolitano, Jaragua and Melia. Jaragua is the best hotel of all 3, you can get similiar prices and these hotels. Best breakfast buffet is in Melia and is included on their price, varied and high quality. Napolitano is guest friendly, I had in my dominican visitors without any problem, just had their id's available at check in.

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
I stayed at Napolitano last night. Cost was $88 us. Definitely not worth it. Rooms were outdated. Carpet stained beyond repair. Shower head was broken. Overall had a dingy feel to the room. The view was nice and so was the proximity to the malecon. For around the same cost Melea is a way better hotel. Napolitano is more of a $50 us hotel $60 tops.

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
Melia & Hotwire

I prefer the Melia as it is easier to get around (Jaragua is very big, lots of foot traffic), love the lobby and pool overlooking the malecon and ocean. I usually book on Hotwire - it comes up as the 4-star option in Santo Domingo - although you don't see the hotel name, everytime i have purchased it, it has come up as the Melia. It can go from $65 to $85 a night, for two adults, depending on season.