Pruebas Nacionales

skippys

Jan 17, 2003
any word when current results may be posted
and what link will they be posted on.....
thanks

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I'm sure you are aware of the brewing scandal with these exams. Seems the answers are for sale. Kudos to Paredes for moving on this.

Santo Domingo.- El Secretario de Educaci?n, Melanio Paredes explic? ayer la forma c?mo empleados de esa instituci?n llevaron a cabo un fraude que permiti? que m?s de mil estudiantes recibieran las respuestas de las Pruebas Nacionales a trav?s de celulares y por las que habr?an pagado RD$1,200.00.

La Rep?blica - M?s de mil alumnos recibieron respuestas Pruebas Nacionales

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
They do not seem to be global. Each student needs to go in there and identify him/herself in order to see what they did.
One of my judo gals did well...and is now heading for the Santiago Technological Institute, if I can swing it...a lot of kids will have to repeat the exams in August...

Of course cheating here is not held in such high disregard and the penalties for those that actually bought the exams are negligible...No puritan ethnic involved here...no eternal damnation for cheating..

HB, the educator...

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
melanio seems to be pretty serious about this, though. some school district employees were thrown in jail in monte cristi and there's been a lot of talk about cancelling the scores of all students who scored "sobresaliente" in the PN and don't have the school grades to go with it. i saw a lot more precautions taken this year than any other year (in my 5 short years here), like confiscating cell phones at the beginning of the exam, checking cedulas/school ids, etc... we'll see what really happens when all is said and done, though.

(it seems that melanio is a big fan of throwing people in jail - he just recently said that he's going to have any public school principal arrested if they are charging enrollment fees ("inscripciones") because public schools are free)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
When fraud is committed, jail time is what follows. We must not forget that you are guilty till proven innocent according to the Dominican penal code. Trials come later. In the mean time its jail time.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
When fraud is committed, jail time is what follows. We must not forget that you are guilty till proven innocent according to the Dominican penal code. Trials come later. In the mean time its jail time.

but, usually, in the dr such things as selling the answers to the PN go unpunished. it's about time someone is taking it seriously!