Age of consent issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf001

Feb 29, 2008
Age of consent in DR seems to be 18. However, there also seems to exist the possibility of the mother authorizing her 16 year old daughter's amorous relationship with an adult foreigner.
Even if the DR seems relatively relaxed in these issues, does anyone know what exactly the legal situation is in this respect and
what has to be done to avoid ending in the DR's equivalent of San Quentin?
Thank you.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Any way you want to look at it it depends on how much money you have.
Money for consent to stay or money to disappear.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
"Legal situation"? Is that what governs your morals?

Even with the the "possibility of the mother authorizing" a minor child's "relationship"; YOU should have enough common sense and decency to realize that the ONLY reason a mother would allow her underage daughter to be with a sick f@(& like you would be for financial gain....

Should you proceed, may you be caught and "used" in the DR's San Quentin to your last breath.....

Reactions: margaret

graywolf001

Feb 29, 2008
Thanks pyratt - given your gratuitious moralizing and insults you must be a died in the wool Republican, the party of Sanford, Vitter Ensign et al. In your long and hypocritical life you don't seem to have learned yet that sexual ethics are extremely rarely objective, and that it behooves you to act according to your own beliefs, and let everyone else do the same.
:squareeye

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I have heard that of the girl has had a kid then she is fair game. Dominican girls have kids young.

However, if you do find yourself bribing the police to get out of a charge of having sex with a minor, then you might want to rethink things a little.

This is not subjective in my perhaps 'unenlightened' world.

graywolf001

Feb 29, 2008
For the obviously shocked, shocked! commentators:
Age of consent in
- Mexico : 12
- Spain : 12
- Brazil : 14
- France : 15
- Australia : 16

Reactions: mike l

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I was in no way meaning to sound judgemental or sarcastic.
For more shock shock shock:
I was 17 and my ex-husband was 15 when I got pregnant. This was in the USA. In order for us to legally get married we needed to get signed permission from both sets of our parents AND the local judge.
What is the age difference you are talking about Graywolf?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Thanks pyratt - given your gratuitious moralizing and insults you must be a died in the wool Republican, the party of Sanford, Vitter Ensign et al. In your long and hypocritical life you don't seem to have learned yet that sexual ethics are extremely rarely objective, and that it behooves you to act according to your own beliefs, and let everyone else do the same.
:squareeye

Then why worry about the age of consent?

graywolf001

Feb 29, 2008
pedrochemical-
ignorance must be bliss. in case you're unaware: individual ethical judgments and a country's laws are not necessarily identical - in the realm of peoples sexual preferences, women's reproductive rights etc. they usually aren't.

carolathompson

Oct 11, 2007
Just because you can, doesnt mean you should!!!
Do you have a daughter by chance? And if you do would you want her in this situation.

graywolf001

Feb 29, 2008
Ok- I thought the heading of this section being 'LEGAL', such legal issues would be the subject of discussion.
I was sadly mistaken.
If anyone has a LEGAL opinion - as opposed to unrequested holier-than-thou moral exhortations - to contribute, I shall be grateful.
All others please hold your fire.
Many thanks.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
pedrochemical-
ignorance must be bliss. in case you're unaware: individual ethical judgments and a country's laws are not necessarily identical - in the realm of peoples sexual preferences, women's reproductive rights etc. they usually aren't.

I agree with that.
It is important that people identify when this is the case and work to correct it.
And maybe I sounded like an old reactionary fart.

Good luck with this taboo subject in this superstitious country.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Mexico or Spain

Age of consent in DR seems to be 18. However, there also seems to exist the possibility of the mother authorizing her 16 year old daughter's amorous relationship with an adult foreigner.
Even if the DR seems relatively relaxed in these issues, does anyone know what exactly the legal situation is in this respect and
Thank you.

Perhaps go to Mexico or Spain?

At least avoid taking pictures,

USVI predator pleads guilty to sex tourism charges following ICE investigation

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Dont do it

Even if it were legal, you are setting yourself up for a possible trap of some sort. Some woman, even mothers might want to extort money from you. It is just as easy to fall in love with a 25 year old as it is a 15 year old.

Jan 9, 2004
Perhaps Fabio Guzman...

the Dominican Lawyer who answers questions here will comment shortly.

In the meantime, be advised that if you are an American citizen who has traveled to the D.R. for purposes of procuring sex with underage persons (underage by US law), and in fact do have sexual relations with an underage person and US authorities are made aware of your situation, you are subject to prosecution in the US.

Perhaps that sounds a bit draconian, but it is the law.

Speaking of which, you site the age of consent in Mexico as 12, but you are only partially correct. While some states in Mexico do recognize 12 as the age of consent in very limited circumstances (consent at 12 cannot be presumed if there is a disparity in the ages of the parties), Mexican federal law is 18. Guess which law a foreign national would likely be prosecuted under.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Ok- I thought the heading of this section being 'LEGAL', such legal issues would be the subject of discussion.
I was sadly mistaken.
If anyone has a LEGAL opinion - as opposed to unrequested holier-than-thou moral exhortations - to contribute, I shall be grateful.
Many thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2004
The most populous states...

are still 18.

Sixteen in most of those other states are for what is termed "close in age exceptions." While close in age can vary, it is often codified as being within 3 years of age.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

fyi

most US States are 16 with exceptions at 17 and 18

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I was sadly mistaken.
Many thanks.

the 'legal' aspects been answered above.
and it depends often on 'where you are from',
because many countries rule such for their citizens independend of the destin where such happened.
and such has the simple reason to protect poor children from sick 'rich mens' behaviors.
for the very most countries that legal age would be 18,
the 'exceptions' are usually based on the 'close age exceptions'.
to get the local 'permit' for a exception you should keep in mind that such permit alone from the mother may not be enough, where's a daughter is usually also a father.
and then there's the risk to get trapped,
such 'permit' could be 'forgotten' after a short while to make some money out of the situation.
Mike

Apr 3, 2009
Is This a Sick Joke?

Thank you.
The DR equivalent of San Quentin? You should be concerned about the real San Quentin? It is illegal for US citizens to travel to another state or country, so that they can engage in sex with a girl under the age of 18.

Yuck!
BB :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.