Pease help propane or diesel generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiron

Nov 3, 2006
I saw an old post and had a few questions. Did anyone ship a generator to D.R.? I have a place in puerto plata power goes out at least three hours a day. I have 16 battery invertor system. and i want to ship a 22-25 liquid cooled propane generator to run six a/c units and a pool and water pump. open for any suggestions. I priced some diesel generators $8000 used and the price for fuel is high. And i need a good customs broker who speaks english.
Ps sick of endoctre

Thanks all

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
I completely agree with JD, a Diesel generator is best and the only way to go for your application. Although you don't specify the BTU rating of the A/C units and you don't give any indication of the size of the pool pump, I'll assume the A/Cs are 18,000 BTU and the pool pump is about 1 HP for the sake of sizing the generator. On average, a very efficient 18k BTU A/C will consume about 1.5 kWh and the 1 HP pool pump about 1 kWh. Six A/C and the pool pump will have an average total working consumption of about 10 kWh with a 100% start up surge power draw. The absolute MINIMUM recommended generator, in this case, is a 20 kW unit. In this range Diesel is the only way I would go. I would try to purchase one locally as opposed to importing it myself but then that is just me. Good luck.

NotLurking

Status
Not open for further replies.