New Construction- Los Corbanitos, Bani

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Yeah I have a bridge I would like to sell...

10 luxury hotels, 2000 houses, an airport, a marina, 650 shops and a baseball stadium designed by the same people who designed Yankee Stadium...3500+ million USD all for little old Bani. It looks like the drug drops are finally beginning to pay off for Bani. I guess The senator WAS wrong after all.

Lets put this one in the same bucket as the artificial island, the mega investment to be made by some sheik to build a port in Montecristi, The gazillion room hotel to be built in the small town of Canoa.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Los Corbanitos

I was there today and a grader has cut a few roads and a couple of coconut trees have been planted but other than that I did n't see much activity. Besides a massive billboard with map of the development. Its a nice area with white sand and impressive views but it would be nicer if there were less reeds in the water.

k9h08p.jpg

160979t.jpg

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
nice (big) pics

Thanks for posting the pics, I have never been out there. Now it's on my list of places to go before they get taken over, along with the springs in Canoa (Barahona).

The weeds are no problem, as soon as a hotel gets in there they'll get rid of anything natural and have it looking like Punta Cana in no time :ermm:

Do you have any recent pics of the dunes in Bani?

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Los Corbanitos

You can see them from Los Corbanitos in the distance. I think that the Corbanitos is a great place to go camping with a group. There is a place along the beach with Flamencos. I really can see that place going ahead right now.

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
Los corbanitos looks exactly the same way it did when these pictures were taken... great place for camping and also great place to go snorkeling and fishing..
the board with the 'plan' are still up i belive, theyve been up for years, they havent done anything....this place is too far for them to build anything if not a resort.

Aug 19, 2004
10 luxury hotels, 2000 houses, an airport, a marina, 650 shops and a baseball stadium

But with no high speed rail link to Santo Domingo it is bound to fail!