The House that A-Rod Built...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Love him or hate him, the Yankees have decided that Alex Rodriguez is their marquee player.

The new contract he recently signed with the club is full of hefty bonuses for reaching the milestone home run record of Major League Baseball.

He turns 34 on July 27th of this year and already has 570 career home runs, putting him 10th on the all-time list. By sometime next year, barring injury, he is on pace to surpass Sammy Sosa, which will place him solidly in 5th place at the age of 35.

This is a phenomenal achievement however you look at it, and the Yankees are intent on having this happen at the new Yankee Stadium with Rodriguez in pinstripes.

So for you baseball and Yankee fans, here are some photos of the new stadium.

*As an aside, I recently went to a game and eschewed taking my camera. That in hindsight turned out to be a good idea, as the stadium was so crowded that it would of been impossible to take good photos.

But I am planning on taking a tour of the stadium very soon so that I can get good shots of the inside without the crowds.

I will post more photos later on tonight. Please enjoy and let me know what you think.

27zcboo.jpg

qs6ttv.jpg

s45f60.jpg

30vd4s8.jpg

25zmaf7.jpg

30m2zra.jpg

2mrigk1.jpg

2vaz7eu.jpg

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
2rcl4sj.jpg

2hfue78.jpg

28he6a1.jpg

4pxs3c.jpg

This is the garage on 164th. Street and River Avenue. This is where the police officers assigned to the games enter and park.

11uvvvb.jpg

oqybdj.jpg

This is the second garage on west side of 164th Street, which is for the players. Unlike at the old stadium where the players had to walk across a small street to get inside now they just drive in, making it impossible for fans to get autographs.

14bqdj.jpg

Last edited:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Forget the Burgers, I am ready for a Yankee Stadium Kosher Hot Dog or at least a Piping Hot Pastrami Sandwhich on Jewish Rye with Mustard and a Pickle ( Claussen's )

Please put together a value pak and email the coupons to the DR !

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I see they have a Hard Rock Cafe.

Where is the Burger King going to be ?

Mike, there are many other fast food stores, but you have to enter the stadium to gain access.

The Hard Rock Cafe and the NY Yankees team store stay open even when there are no games which is why you can enter them from the outside.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Berzin; this new stadium is beautiful and the pictures as well...
that is a great job...thanks....I was there once, at the old one and I hope I have the chance to go to this one....
you are everywhere...lol..

Berzin everything you posted was correct except the parking lot you said was the players is not for the players but for VIPs and people who are to be seated in the luxury suites in the stadium. The players now park under the stadium just south of gate 8 near 162 street and river ave.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
They are taking it down very slowly and selling it piece by piece. If you walk into the new Yankee stadium from the 161 st side they have different parts of the old stadium for sale on a daily basis.

I guess Shea stadium was not that important.:disappoin

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Berzin everything you posted was correct except the parking lot you said was the players is not for the players but for VIPs and people who are to be seated in the luxury suites in the stadium. The players now park under the stadium just south of gate 8 near 162 street and river ave.

Gotcha. Thanks for the correction.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
yeah i'd like to know who the hottie was too :laugh:

Just a young lady walking by. There are many in the area who come to check out the new stadium, but never alone.;)

There are also many who take their children to the renovated park across the street on 164th. between River and Jerome Ave.

You will usually see women with their children and also with aunts, nieces and other female friends.

The park is actually very nice and quite safe. Mucho eye candy and highly recommended if you want to take a stroll and kill some time before a game...:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky: