PR visa in Germany; waiting for PR visa in Canada

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
My husband has a PR Visa in Germany that we have kept up as his brother lives there, so we visit every 6 months. I am wondering if it is easier for my husband to move to Germany, get citizenship there, and then come here - or is it easier to continue this wait. I don't want to mess things up with CDN immigration, but (and I know there are bigger horror stories with length then mine) I am tired of the wait. :(

What do you think? Anna, have you come across this before?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I don't know anything about Germany but common sense says it will take longer to first of all cancel your application ( what excuse will you use to cancel) and then start all over again in Germany. I don't know why he would need to be a German citizen to come to Canada but I read here that you need to live legally in Germany for 8 years before you can apply for citizenship.

It's only been 3 months in process dear. Have patience. ;)

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
It was 4 months in process in Haiti on the 17th of July but to me it is almost 6 months since i sent in. I know I need to have patience but it is so difficult not hearing anything. I think its crazy we pay the fee and can't call in for an update. But ... it is that way. I think it would be easier to wait if the communication was more open ... but ... it is that way.

Millesa

Jun 22, 2009
I am wondering if it is easier for my husband to move to Germany, get citizenship there, and then come here

Hi Twillis,
Getting citizenship in Germany is extremely difficult and next to impossible unless your husband is in a field of work which is in demand in Germany. Without a job or any other obvious reason to move to Germany he can pretty much forget about it :(
Anna's probably right - be patient ;)
Good luck!

Johana

May 24, 2006
Twillis,

keep in mind that if your husband moves to Germany he will then need police clearance certificates from Germany if you were to reapply.

I know how hard it is to wait - but on the bright side you do know when the application went in process in Haiti and that is a good sign. And as you read other's posts sometimes no communication from Haiti can end up being a good thing - meaning they do not ask for additional papers or proof of relationship.

Hang in there!!!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
you are already half way there...the hump is the hardest part to get through but the end makes it all worthwhile!

stay positive!
sangria

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Thank you guys. I am so glad I found this site because it really helps me. I appreciate the support more than you know.