POP to Las Terrenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradiseliving

Mar 4, 2007
I live in Puerto Plata and I'm going to Samana for a few days. I want to take the GuaGua that leaves from the hospital area to Samana but I've been trying to find the times it departs but have had absolutely no help. Most people have said that one leaves about 6am. And they also say there is another one but have no idea of the time or location to get the second one. Can someone PLEASE help with the times for any and all departures daily and confirm that it's by the hospital and Jose Luiz.

Thank you in advance.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
to my knowledge there is no direct transport from POP to las terrenas. guagua will take you to rio san juan, then the next one to nagua and another to las terrenas.
this is a whole day trip so you need to start early. guaguas from POP depart frequently, virtually every few minutes.
there is no departure schedule for guaguas, just go there and get the first one.

paradiseliving

Mar 4, 2007
There is a bus, large guagua with a sign for Samana on it. I've seen it but didn't stop to ask at the time. Thanks for that info. If that's he case, I would just go to Santo Domingo then the express to Samana. With the new tollway it's only 2 hours or so from the capital.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have never seen a guagua to samana but then i never get up at 6am ;)
good luck with your travel.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I took that guagua to Samana in Nov 2007...so not sure if anything has changed in the interim...but here goes.

I am only aware of the one departure each day. To be on the safe side as we did, aim to get there at 05h30 as they will leave when they are ready to. It was a purple guagua with no writing on at that time...and does leave from in front of Ricardo Limardo hospital.

At that time, we paid $RD150 each way. If you have a big suitcase, they will try and charge you extra for it as there is no stowage under the guagua.

If you are going to LT, you will need to get off in Sanchez and take a taxi from there. If not, you will go into Samana. There is no switching of buses required along the route though.

Good luck

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Caribe Tours??

2 - 3 - ? years ago, I took a Caribe Tours bus from Samana to Puerto Plata; I forget the specifics; Caribe Tours has a regular bus terminal in downtown Samana. Usuauly its schedules are posted on line; there is also a small Caribe Tours terminal in Sosua; there must be 1 in Cabarete?
Metro? Samana? I don't think so.
Safe journey!

Massielg

Apr 30, 2008
www.casasdevacacionesrd.blogspot.com
I took that guagua to Samana in Nov 2007...so not sure if anything has changed in the interim...but here goes.

I am only aware of the one departure each day. To be on the safe side as we did, aim to get there at 05h30 as they will leave when they are ready to. It was a purple guagua with no writing on at that time...and does leave from in front of Ricardo Limardo hospital.

At that time, we paid $RD150 each way. If you have a big suitcase, they will try and charge you extra for it as there is no stowage under the guagua.

If you are going to LT, you will need to get off in Sanchez and take a taxi from there. If not, you will go into Samana. There is no switching of buses required along the route though.

Good luck

In Sanchez I rather take another guagua.. a taxi could be very expensive from sanchez to Las terrenas.. Just tell the bus driver (pop-samana) to leave you on "La parada para ir a las terrenas" which is in sanchez, you also have guaguas departing every 10 or 15 minutes.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.