Dominican Minor Leaguer may get up to 16 years in jail for hitting a fan with a ball!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
So this is the new one, Julio Castillo a Dominican minor leaguer, in the midst of a brawl apparently threw the ball to the opposite team's dugout but the ball ended up in the head of some guy in the stand. What is eye-opening of this, is that the case is already on trial and he may get up to 16 years in jail if convicted of the charges, which I believe would be an injustice of epic proportions.

Link: Minor league pitcher Julio Castillo stands trial for throwing ball in stands during brawl - ESPN

Is clear that the kid acted as a burro, animal del monte throwing the ball to the other's team dugout, but from that to try to sentence him 16 years in jail is too much. Ron Artest charged the stands and actually kicked the crap out of some fans, Frank Francisco threw a chair to some woman and he is the Texas closer right now, pitchers throw to batters several times every season and they want him to get convicted on felony assaults??? He should pay the medical bills, pay some punitive damage money, and do a lot of community work so he can learn his lesson and then continue pitching but is clear that some people in Ohio want him at least deported and ruin his career...

postalprix

Jun 26, 2009
harsh

But if you think about it is changing here,,,,, If you were to walk down the street and someone Pi**ed you off and you threw that ball with any intent then you would be found guilty,,,,,, he will not get that many years, I think he may just get probation.... I mean The stitching of the ball the defendant threw was imprinted on Chris' head," I mean thats insane and had he not intended to throw it into the opposing teams dugout he might had been ok... I mean he had already hit 2 guys and one in the head,,,,,,, probation and ordered to go to anger management classes,,,,, any takers?

He's not going to get 16 years in prison, that is just the reporters reporting out there a$$es. He will most likely get a few days or weeks in jail and then probabtion or just straight up probation and the minor league club will be sued. The injuries were not serious.