Brugal Rum Factory and Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxTNT8877

Jul 20, 2009
Hey everyone

I was just wondering if there was anyone who had some information on the Brugal Rum factory in Puerto Plata, like its address and what time they are open and about how much a bottle rum in the factories store in $USD?

And just one more thing does anyone know where the best place to buy cigarettes at? I am going to be staying at the Grand Paradise Beach resort on the Playa Dorada Complex. i have heard that a pack of Marlboro cost about
$2-2.50US a pack or about $25US for a carton of cigarettes, is this true?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Everyone takes dollars.

Not many people on this board smoke cigarettes. Dam* few smoke cigars!!

HB

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Most places sell Marlboro brand cigarettes for about 100 pesos a pack (US$2.80) However, I checked the price this past weekend when I was in Playa Dorada and found them to be 150 to 160 pesos per pack!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
:glasses: Cute, "Puffin" Billy.....You have such a wonderful sense of humor....

so.............so...........Oh I don't know.......British????

hehehehehehehehehe

HB=> :8^)==~~

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
brugal factory is on the main street that enters puerto plata from the direction of playa dorada complex. it will be on your right almost as soon as you enter the city, cannot miss it.
visit the factory late morning or early afternoon best. the tour is free but you will not see much, most interesting parts are not open to public.
prices of ron in the factory shop are more or less the same as in any supermarket. you can also but domino sets, t-shirts, lighters etc. they accept pesos and dollars.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
brugal factory is on the main street that enters puerto plata from the direction of playa dorada complex. it will be on your right almost as soon as you enter the city, cannot miss it.
visit the factory late morning or early afternoon best. the tour is free but you will not see much, most interesting parts are not open to public.
prices of ron in the factory shop are more or less the same as in any supermarket. you can also but domino sets, t-shirts, lighters etc. they accept pesos and dollars.

It's actually just a bottling plant as the distilling takes place elsewhere. There is a good video which goes over the process quite nicely and then on to a whirlwind tour of the bottling plant from a catwalk overhead. and finally the store, which most acknowledge has decent prices, especially if a tourist is only comparing them to the resort gift shop.

Given that it's free if you show up on your own, it's well worth it and if you couple it with other activities for a fer people it can easily justify the cost of a taxi.

Gregg

LaxTNT8877

Jul 20, 2009
do you know the address for the Tropical Supermarket? or just which part of Puerto Plata is it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.