Law 168-DGA

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Dr. Fabio J. Guzman...Can you please explain or give some information about the DGA (168-law)...thanks...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Time Frame for Law-168

My question, from the time you receive your temporary cedula and residence cards how long do you have to utilize Law-168?

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Laws 14-93, 146-00 and 168 do not establish a term. The statutes just state that foreigners who come to reside permanently in the DR have an exemption to bring in their personal and household goods ("Las importaciones de efectos personales y del hogar, pertenecientes a extranjeros que vengan a residir definitivamente en el pa?s, y de los dominicanos que hayan residido en el exterior por un per?odo de dos (2) a?os consecutivos y regresen a establecer su residencia definitiva en el pa?s, siempre que no se les haya concedido anteriormente este privilegio. Asimismo, las importaciones de libros para uso personal de dominicanos que regresen definitivamente tras realizar estudios en otros pa?ses.")

An old regulation from the Customs Dept. established that the time period was 6 months from the time residency was obtained. This term may have changed since then. I'll find out and post the answer later.

Reactions: AlterEgo

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Laws 14-93, 146-00 and 168 do not establish a term. The statutes just state that foreigners who come to reside permanently in the DR have an exemption to bring in their personal and household goods ("Las importaciones de efectos personales y del hogar, pertenecientes a extranjeros que vengan a residir definitivamente en el pa?s, y de los dominicanos que hayan residido en el exterior por un per?odo de dos (2) a?os consecutivos y regresen a establecer su residencia definitiva en el pa?s, siempre que no se les haya concedido anteriormente este privilegio. Asimismo, las importaciones de libros para uso personal de dominicanos que regresen definitivamente tras realizar estudios en otros pa?ses.")

An old regulation from the Customs Dept. established that the time period was 6 months from the time residency was obtained. This term may have changed since then. I'll find out and post the answer later.

Thank you...