Wait Time for Sponsorship Approval - Immigration Canada

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
Married June 19th 2009
Application sent to Mississauga July 10th 2009
Application received by Immigration on July 13th (confirmed by Xpresspost tracking number)

How long should it take before I receive a letter from Immigration to let me know if I am approved as a sponsor... I was reading other people's timelines but I don't see anyone who has sent in an application recently.

Thank you for your responses.

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
Mine took exactely 30 days from the date I mailed it until I was approved as a sponsor. One new thing in 2009 I've noticed is you get an 'in process' in Haiti a lot faster...doesn't seem to mean they are processing them any faster but just acknowledging receipt faster.

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Mine took 39 days from the date I mailed it, but I had to sent in another form that was missing, so it probably would have taken the 30 days as Barbie38's did. From looking at recent timelines, that is the average time. That's the easy part. The quick part. Then its the waiting game. :) welcome.

jojocdn

Mar 9, 2008
I received the approval letter approx 25-30 days after I sent it in. The status changed to in process within 8 days from the date of the approval letter. The process here took very little time but the processing in Haiti is the difficult part. That is where the waiting begins...it could be a long wait (looking at the completed timelines). You'll get lots of support and answers to any questions here...good luck!

sandra65

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 7, 2009
Hi, we sent application mid-March and we received sponsorship approval dated April 14, so 1 month. 6 days later PR application was in process in Haiti. And as everyone else wrote, then the waiting game starts :) Since April I have visited my husband twice not to go insane:) Good luck but mostly be patient and get support from your friends and family!

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
FYI - CIC website is now showing 9-18 months for processing effective July 22 2009...not much of a change but heh it's a month less!

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
Thank you Barbie38 for the info. Hopefully it will be closer to the 9 months than 18! lol

Thank you to everyone else for their replies also.

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
So Monday the 10th of August it will be 1 month since I sent in application and still no letter from CIC. Should I be worried? I am starting to get nervous.
Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks.

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
don't worry Jess. Give it another two weeks before you even think of worrying. Easy said eh? :)

Johana

May 24, 2006
Jess,

when Sangria checked after your original post the website said 44 days - so I wouldn't worry. Based on that it could be another 2 weeks.

Try not to stress too much - this is the easier part. You need the patience of Job to get through this process. Hang in there:)

Last edited:

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
Thanks for the info Sangria.

I guess I will have to be patient because they haven't even gotten to the 13th of July yet which is the date they received my application.

Hopefully I will get some good news soon:)

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Johana is right...this is the easy part! And believe it or not the next 5-6 months will also be easy compared to when you do finally hear something from Haiti!

I hope you have a speedy process! Best of luck!

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
you should already be able to log in and check your application status on the CIC website - I did this using my receipt number - enter your name and information - it told me there a decision was made a letter was sent - then I stalked the mailman until the letter came! good luck!

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
Hey! Have you heard anything yet? I sent my the 27th of July. On August 26, the website said that I should be receiving a letter in 1-2 weeks. I will let you know :)

Good Luck!

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
I received my letter and it says approved as a sponsor and it was dated August 13th, so exactly 1 month from the time they received my application. We are praying that everything will go smoothly and my hubby will be here soon.