For the younger crowd - Aug 7th

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I hope this is an allowed posting.

For the 'younger' crowd among us, there's a party in the Zona Colonial on Friday Aug 7th:

Host: Phantomdeck & 28C
Type: Party - Night of Mayhem
Start Time: Friday, August 7, 2009 at 10:00pm
End Time: Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 4:00am
Street: Arz. Meri?o #407, Zona Colonial
City/Town: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

You can RSVP on their Facebook page: Login | Facebook

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just the title made me feel too old LOL

Ha! I hear you Black Dog. I'm pretty sure it's one of those popular Dominican Techno Parties, not my cup of tea.

I think it's generational. Like when my father said the Beatles ruined America and America's music. He didn't even bother to comment by the time hip-hop came around, I think he was shell shocked by then.

I told my husband he sounds just like my father when he complains about reggeton - he loves his merengue, my son loves his bachata (which my husband told him only low class Dominicans used to listen to back in 'his day')

And the beat goes on.......

Reactions: Black Dog

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
The first time I heard myself saying to my kids "all this cr## sounds the same, I knew I had become my father!!!!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Why in the world would someone RSVP on a facebook page? Is someone on there keeping track of all the folks that are going????

I am a big fan of techno and trance, but I can see in my mind already the trash in the streets when it's all over...

I'm not sure, to be honest, I think it's a generational thing [and I'm not that generation.] One of the DJs is my nephew Luis, which is how I heard about it to begin with on Facebook - I think they invite everyone of their Facebook friends that they know are interested in these events, maybe there's a sign-up place? I know some of my younger Facebook relatives in Italy also use this RSVP through Facebook for musical events, so it must be done worldwide. I guess people see their friends are going, so they go too??

In any event, it's amazing how much I learn about what the 20 something crowd is doing in DR through Facebook, from my nieces and nephews there. They certainly go to more events, parties, concerts than my 20something kids do here in NJ.