Best hotel / travel experience on the North coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

louis30

Aug 29, 2006
We just spent a day at the Iberostar Costa Dorada and are looking for a place to spend the first week of August with our 3 kids (we're flying out of POP).

Are there any newer / nicer / otherwise better places near Puerto Plata we should consider? Would you recommend a villa + rental car?

We've been to an all-inclusive in Punta Cana and traditional hotels + rented villa in Las Terrenas, and have enjoyed both.

I'm half Dominican, so language and culture aren't an issue.

Our budget is around $2,000.

Thanks for your feedback. This is really a very informative forum.

Louis

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
We just spent a day at the Iberostar Costa Dorada and are looking for a place to spend the first week of August with our 3 kids (we're flying out of POP).

Are there any newer / nicer / otherwise better places near Puerto Plata we should consider? Would you recommend a villa + rental car?

We've been to an all-inclusive in Punta Cana and traditional hotels + rented villa in Las Terrenas, and have enjoyed both.

I'm half Dominican, so language and culture aren't an issue.

Our budget is around $2,000.

Thanks for your feedback. This is really a very informative forum.

Louis

Look at the DR1 rentals section and rent an apartment, or villa depending on your requirements. Care hire is plentiful and easy to secure.

Sosua is close to POP airport and there are plenty of available villas and apartments (mine included).

Good luck with your search.

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Louis, also look at Cabarete; plenty of apartments to rent right on the beach with that budget. Look at Ocean Dream, Ocean One and Harmony + Palm Beach Condos. All are right in the town centre, which is crammed with good restaurants and I would say more family-friendly and sporty than Sosua - with respect, Reidy. Good luck.

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
I'm in Sun Village Bungalows as I'm writing this. Total cost was around 2k for a week. The bungalows are def 5 star. The rest of sun village 3 1/2 stars. Price included two adults and two children. I will try to do a full review when I get back. Overall very satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.