Revista Delays - Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Following instructions from these pages, I went this morning to renew the Revista for my vehicle, my first time, only to be told at BanReservas that there is a three month delay in issuing renewals, is this the norm?

I don't want to upset the cops!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I have just this minute talked to ther AMET office in Sosua. They still do not know when the Revistas will be ready but they said that they will not be issueing fines for the expired revistas.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Please don't worry about this. I know that to you it might have 'expired' because the date of issue was over a year ago, but that isn't the way it works here. Those revistas will be valid until the new ones are ready to be obtained, whenever that is. It'll be announced in the papers, on local radio & TV. Until then, you really don't need to give it another thought.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Also, try not to use the word "normal" when you're talking about the DR, this will help to reduce your anxiety LOL

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
And

NOT Revistas but marbete renewals will be possible from August 17th. for 3 months at the usual outlets and online. RD$1,200 for vehicles manufactured up to 2004 and RD$2,200 for those 2005 up to the present:

DGIIanunciainiciorenovaci?n de marbetes de veh?culos de motor 2009

what are the usual outlets, in santo domingo? The article listed
las Asociaciones de Ahorros y Pr?stamos, en los Bancos BDI, BDA, ADEMI, Vimenca, Las Am?ricas y Adopem, any others you know of, like popular, bhd mercado national

donP

Dec 14, 2008
300 or Less

Any update yet on the revistas being available?
I bought mine the other day.
As usual from my "street supplier" for 300 RD$.
A bit steep I thought but it saves me to go all the way to SFdM to have my car "inspected" and wait in a queue and ... and...

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
I spoke to an AMET man yesterday, although I am sure he didn't really understand my Spanish, but I got a YES from him when I asked if the Revistas were now available, can anyone confirm this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.