not all that glitters is gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
hi everyone for any-one who doesnt know me im Vintage

i got married to a dominican in the end of 2007 dec 29 to be exact

my husband finally came here in nov of 2008.

i was so exited.

i truly believed i had a one of a kind man.
he treated me like gold.

i truly thought we were in love
wowwwwwwwwwww
god was i stupid.

anyhow i found out that my husband had a girlfriend when i met him in jan of 2007

he had the girlfriend the whole time
he married me in dec 2007 and he still had the girlfriend

he married me i came back to canada in jan 2008 and he still had the girlfriend until he came here in nov 2008

he told me it was only for sex
i want to kill him

then there was another girl , this is the topper
i met a girl in july of 07. she was an interpretour and an english teacher

i paid her 50 a month to teach him english
he was also getting into her panties as well

i paid her and she didnt even give him oneeeeeeeeeeeeee english lesson

he would be at her house when i called and he would profess his love and tell me i never leave his mente

oops pardon me
i only left his mind when he was in her bed

this whole thing makes me sick
i feel like i was extorted with me paying her

oh the girlfriend also had a husband
so thy would steal away in the afternoon for a lil hanky panky

needless to say im on the war path
i have no respect for him
and there is mucho trouble in paradise

beware of these men ,not all but just beware.
i am a smart woman and i was duped beyond belief

i see divorce im done:paranoid:

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh
he also called the girlfriend twice that i know of since hes beeen here

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Vintage, I'm sorry. I feel your pain in the words you write. I hope this works out somehow and you feel peace. I know this must be difficult. My x-husband cheated on me, and I know how that feels, so I am sick reading this for you. Sick.

Is he still with you in Canada? Is the girlfriend Canadian or Dominican?

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Vintage,

I skimmed though your old posts and saw that you had your MP assist you with bringing your husband here.
Have you now contacted your MP and notified him/her, that your husband was lying to get to Canada?
I think people are so quick to get their MP involved but need to be just as quick to notify them when they realize their spouse is a scam artist. The MP will be more aware about the high number of wedding scams going on.
Maybe next time the MPs will be more cautious with their 'assistance'.
I dont want these jerks in my country.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Vintage,

I skimmed though your old posts and saw that you had your MP assist you with bringing your husband here.
Have you now contacted your MP and notified him/her, that your husband was lying to get to Canada?
I think people are so quick to get their MP involved but need to be just as quick to notify them when they realize their spouse is a scam artist. The MP will be more aware about the high number of wedding scams going on.

And lets not forget the MAJORITY of the con artists living in Canada that were never sponsored here by a spouse but rather welcomed with open arms by the Canadian government!!!!:tired::tired::tired:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I am sorry that that happened to you Vintage. I know that sometimes love blinds you. The fact that you were paying that girl to teach him and instead she was teaching him makes me livid. At least you found out early (I know not early enough) but it will get better. Just thinking about it makes me want to kick her a$$ for you...
Good Luck
SHALENA

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
And lets not forget the MAJORITY of the con artists living in Canada that were never sponsored here by a spouse but rather welcomed with open arms by the Canadian government!!!!:tired::tired::tired:

Actually the 'majority' of con artists are not immigrants BUT natural born Canadians...
my point being lets not add to the existing amount.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Actually the 'majority' of con artists are not immigrants BUT natural born Canadians...
my point being lets not add to the existing amount.

Well I dont want to detract from the OP's predicament but lets just agree to disagree....as I have countless real-life examples to share!

canadiangirl858

Oct 17, 2006
Vintage, I know exactly how you feel and what you are going through. The same thing happened to me-I was used by my ex to get to Canada. Its not a good feeling when you realize what they did.
Mp's already know this is a huge issue in Canada yet they are not willing to do anything about it. Very few MP's will back you at this point. I have been fighting this issue of marriage fraud for over 3 years since my ex up and disappeared.
Again I am very sorry this happened to you.
I will send you a private message

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Not to take away at all from your seething rage, to which you are entitled,,,, but just to talk on the issue a bit

I was talking to a Domiican woman the other day / the father of her child left her to marry a Puerto Rican explaining

"But you know, my love, it is ONLY FOR THE VISA, YOU UNDERSTAND"

She was angry but understood. She even allowed the new wife to adopt the child on paper so that the daughter could get a US Social security card.....

So I don't think sometimes that we realize how entrenched this operation is.... in the VISA system

(having nothing to do with his getting into the pants of the english tutor... puleese....)

so I would wonder if the Dominican sisters would speak to that a bit.... as well..

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
just want to thank everyone for there responses
i have been quiet
just takin in everything

i laughed at the seething rage part.

ive read all the comments and appreciate every one

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
id love to hear from some dominican ladies as well
the more he speaks the more i think about the jerry springer show
lol
hope i made someone laugh

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
why would we be laughing -and why are you thinking about the jerry springer show-a lot of those fights are stage managed

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Politics & Sponsorship

Politician have to be brave to assist on a sponsorship case for someone
they dont know then after assist to get the sponsored person out of the
country because an unexpected affair. I dont know if that has to be part
of their work to put their hand in someone else hot water.

The worst thing is chances are almost cero to reverse that, if that's the plan
best thing is to move on or try a new life.

Is not about the dude being scam is how well you know the person and how
is your relationship the kind of person both of you were before and after getting married. People change for good of for bad making your realtionship
get better or worse.

The question is: would you give him a chance if he says sorry??????

Vintage,

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Just so there is no misunderstanding a MP's job is not to convince Haiti or the Immigration officer to grant a visa to just anyone that asks.

What an MP does is ask where the application is in the process, try to get some answers for the sponsors who are waiting and do not hear anything for months and months.

People that have contacted the MP can tell us more if I'm worng.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Well IMO it is unrealistic to be in a long distance relationship for that period of time and think and 'expect' that the man is not having sex with someone else.
Him having an affair is one thing and not grounds to make a complaint on marriage fraud. Men cheat all over the world.
If you know he only married you to come to Canada that is a different story.

I just dont understand how all these women feel so comfortable, financially supporting their men?
That is a recipe for disaster.

There are tons of great, finacially stable men in Canada.
Shop at home!

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Just so there is no misunderstanding a MP's job is not to convince Haiti or the Immigration officer to grant a visa to just anyone that asks.

What an MP does is ask where the application is in the process, try to get some answers for the sponsors who are waiting and do not hear anything for months and months.

People that have contacted the MP can tell us more if I'm worng.

Oh I thought that the MPs help 'spead' the process along and had some sort of 'influence', even if that influence was not a guarantee.
That is the reason I thought many 'recommend' for sponsors to call/visit their MPs.
The OP and others have mentioned something about an upcoming election and them visiting their MP might have helped.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Oh I thought that the MPs help 'spead' the process along and had some sort of 'influence', even if that influence was not a guarantee.
That is the reason I thought many 'recommend' for sponsors to call/visit their MPs.
The OP and others have mentioned something about an upcoming election and them visiting their MP might have helped.

As far as I know an MP has absolutely no influence on whether someone gets a visa or not. It's just to check on the process and get some answers in case the file fell under someone's chair :cheeky: or in some cases the sponsor had a hard time because English was not their first language and the paper work was not filled out correctly but the couple was 100% legit.

What was said about an upcoming election was just a guess on how much they would be willing to help in finding any info for the sponsor.

When a sponsor calls Haiti they get no answer but when an MP calls they are more likely to get someone to talk about a case but I repeat no frickin way do they have any kind of influence on who gets a visa and who does not. That's the immigration officer's job.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I just dont understand how all these women feel so comfortable, financially supporting their men?
That is a recipe for disaster.

There are tons of great, finacially stable men in Canada.
Shop at home!

Do not Judge all Dominican men by what you read in this forum. I know some that worked right after they got here and I know some that are right now holding two jobs.

Yes there are some that didn't turn out but let's not put the same blanket on all Dominican men ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.