School supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachbum

Mar 16, 2005
Greetings to all......I'll be in Cabarete next month (August 22), and can anybody tell me if the kids will be back in school? In the past our trips have always brought us to the DR in the spring, but due to work issues it's much later in the summer this year. We always pack as much and as many school supplies as we can in our luggage and carry ons that we can, and during our travels and excursions we always find a great rural elementary school and deliver the goods.
This has always been one of the highlights of the trip every time we've visited the DR. I work for a government agency in aerospace and spending even a short amount of time with the kids, even with my limited Spanish is extremely rewarding.
If schools aren't in session, do any of the moderators have any suggestions as to who we might deliver the supplies to?? And along with that, if anybody knows any teachers, what is it that they need......or have trouble getting that we might be able to bring down?? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
In general the kids should be starting back to school on Monday August 17th. (I would assume this is the same everywhere, certainly in the Private schools, but not sure 100% about the Public schools).

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
I help at a local school and can collect any supplies that you bring - please PM me for further details

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.