Visas for business travel??

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi Everyone

This is only something that has just occured to me, but are there Visas for Dominicans who need to travel frequently and at short notice for business.

For example my soon to be husband is president of a C x A company here and we have the need at times to purchase equipment abroad as there is nothing avaliable here, we have also been given oppurtunities to broaden are horizons doing guest spots at various aerial arts schools around the world etc.

So far my partner is yet to travel outside of the DR, but i presume certain Dominicans are eligible for a Visa that cover them for a certain period to travel as frequently and to many different countries, or am i wrong?

My lawyer has just returned from a trip that involved many different islands in only a few days and at short notice, how is this done? And where would you obtain such a visa that covered different countries?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Laura he schengen visa might cover most of the European countries but he would still have to apply for individual countries like the US or Canada and others.

Here's a thread about it. http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/74467-schengen-visa.html#post631894

Canada doesn't have have a business visa, it would have to be a visitor visa with explanation what he will be coming to Canada for. I didn't look it up but I imagine the same is true of the US.

There's no universal "business visa" that I know of but the more he travels the easier it will be. The first one is the hardest since he's never been out of the DR.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Laura he schengen visa might cover most of the European countries but he would still have to apply for individual countries like the US or Canada and others.

Here's a thread about it. http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/74467-schengen-visa.html#post631894

Canada doesn't have have a business visa, it would have to be a visitor visa with explanation what he will be coming to Canada for. I didn't look it up but I imagine the same is true of the US.

There's no universal "business visa" that I know of but the more he travels the easier it will be. The first one is the hardest since he's never been out of the DR.

Thank you Anna.

Yes i suppose really he should apply for a U.K visitors visa first and then go from there. I would imagine our most frequently visited place would be the U.S as it is the nearest and best place to shop for equipment and we have received interest from Miami and Las Vegas.

If Mr Lj was to apply for an American visa is it issued for one trip or a time period. For example if issued for a year can he make numerous trips within that time frame or does it mean the one trip must be taken within said 12 months?

Sorry i am a total newbie at this!! ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm pretty sure that Laura is a British citizen that's why she mentioned that perhaps they should "try for a U.K. visa first and then go from there".

Your suggestion about convincing the US immigration officer is spot on. ;)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
LJ, as Mr LJ runs a successful business here, I would have thought it will not be impossible for him to get a US visa. mr matilda got one a few years ago - multiple entry 10 years very easily for some reason - and he less reason to go to US than Mr LJ. If he wants to know more tell him to give Mr M a call!!!

matilda

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
LJ, as Mr LJ runs a successful business here, I would have thought it will not be impossible for him to get a US visa. mr matilda got one a few years ago - multiple entry 10 years very easily for some reason - and he less reason to go to US than Mr LJ. If he wants to know more tell him to give Mr M a call!!!

matilda

Thank you and yes i think it will be easy for him to prove he has more than enough reason not to want to be stopping in the U.S by providing proof that he has a very busy and lucrative business here.

And to clarify yes i am British, never even been to the U.S myself. I just think we would benefit from being able to travel every six months or so to buy equipment that is impossible to find here and to visit other aerial arts schools and shows for inspiration and training purposes.

Thanks everyone