La Casona Dorada Hotel ? Santo Domingo, #255 Ind. Anybody seen it,stayed there?

M

Mike

Have recieved mixed reports, I would like budget hotel with a pool. If anyone has either stayed here or looked at this property, please advise anything you remember...is this a good location?

Many Thanks, Mike

J

JAMES PAIGE

Great location but management, room & hotel security are very poor. A group of us stayed there once and two individuals had items stolen from each of their rooms including a suitcase and expensive camera. Still, no one from the hotel saw anything but one hotel employee believed it was an inside job i.e., one of the employees. I believe the same. Afterwards, we checked out and moved across the street to apartment hotel Duque de Wellington. It has been a few years since we have stayed at Casona Dorada and we'll never stay there again. Nevertheless I understand the thefts have continued.

I would refer other good apartment hotels but you're looking for a pool. Try the hotel Hispaniola or apartment hotel Plaza Florida which doesn't have a pool but the same family owns the hotel Comodoro which is adjacent and I believe does have a pool. These hotels also have great locations, Hispaniola on Ave. Independencia & Plaza Florida on Ave. Bolivar near Abraham Lincoln street.