Cheapest Hotels IN Santiago...

R

rockero

HI I want to be in Santiago end of year am looking for the cheapest places to stay,,I come up always with Hotel Colonial but they say that is 14 a night thats still too much for me..What about The Hotel By Metro Bus for 10 a night??? Thats like by the monument or something but away from Centro that sucks..Someone mentioned thats like 10 a night,,I calculated 10 at night would be like 250 pesos a night not 350 that some others have posted...what about too the so called cheap hotels by Parque Valerio where the red light district is and its like som,ething like 300 pesos a night..I think thats on the southern end of centro. What about the hotels on cucurillo that go like 15 bucks a night??? I heard though thats a dangerous area..The more I study on this I cant figure it out,,Any Help on this post now,,Thanks,,Rockero.....:bored::pirate::ermm::ninja:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I know nothing about hotel prices in Santiago, but am confused by something you posted.

Someone mentioned thats like 10 a night,,I calculated 10 at night would be like 250 pesos a night not 350 that some others have posted

The current exchange rate for dollars is over 35 pesos for each American dollar. How is 10 dollars a night NOT around 350 pesos?

If you are Canadian, the Canadian dollar is worth less, and that would explain it - otherwise you have me puzzled.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
By far the best of the cheap hotels is the Colonial on Salvador Cucurrullo St. That area is not evil by any means, and the owners work hard to keep it neat.

HB

R

rockero

What about the hotels that Are near Parque Valerio that go for 250 to 300 pesos a night??? I still too need an update on that Hotel for 10 a night by the Metro Bus...If anyone can post info on all this that would be great...I know Hotel Colonial 14 a night but I need something in the cheaper range of 10 dollars a night,,Also does Hotel Colonial charge cheaper for weekly or long stays like a month more or less??? Sorry asking on all this but this does get a bit frustrating on finding a cheap place in Santiago,,,If no Hotel info here thats cheap enough I need pension info and apartment info as soon as I can,,Thanks,,,Rockero.....

May 12, 2005
I see repeated posts and threads asking about cheap place to stay. Just remember 1 thing, you often get what you pay for.

R

rockero

YEH I SEE But Many folks say too for a 1000 or less you can still live better then most DOMINICANS WHO ONLY LIVE ON 400 TO 500 A MONTH....