Child visitors visa to the UK

severino

Aug 3, 2009
My husband has applied for his son who lives in the Dominican Republic to come to visit us here in the UK, just wondered if anyone had any experience of this and how likely he is to get it, as i heard they dont give visa's to visit that easily.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi and welcome to DR1. How old is your step son and how long has your husband been living in the UK?

severino

Aug 3, 2009
Hello, he is 12 and my husband has been here 10 years in October, we have been married 8 years and have 3 children of our own. They have visited the visa office twice and we have sent all the documents to them, and we are just waiting now.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
should be easy

Hello, he is 12 and my husband has been here 10 years in October, we have been married 8 years and have 3 children of our own. They have visited the visa office twice and we have sent all the documents to them, and we are just waiting now.

Hey I dont think It should be too hard especially considering Your Husband has been there so many years.I know several people who have applied and all have been successful at obtaining the visa..Best of luck & :bunny:Keep us posted

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Severino
I can't help but I wanted to wish you luck. We don't hear enough from mixed marriages like yours. I have a lot of english friends, male and female who have Dominican husbands or wives and are very happy! I wish more of them would post on DR1 to provide a balance to all the negative stories. Best of luck with your step son!!

severino

Aug 3, 2009
Thanks everyone, we received an email today to say they need to make more enquiries and that it could take another 10 days before they can process, so we will continue to wait, at least we know that they have looked at it now.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I wish you the best of luck. I (english) went to the Uk nearly 3 years ago with my dominican husband and 2 stepsons. They got visas, but as we all live here it was easy to prove that we were coming home.

That is what you will have to prove that he will definitely be coming home to DR and that he will not be working in UK. Often Visas are turned down for mothers of Dominicans in UK as it is thought that they will not come back here and they will work as au pairs for the family.

Prove he will be there for a short holiday and prove he will come back here.

Matilda

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Matilda would they really worry about a 12 year old boy staying to work in the UK?

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
We used to send them up the chimneys to sweep the soot out but I don't think that's allowed any more LOL

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Ok well maybe not legally work, but pulling trains down the mines, cleaning chimneys as Black Dog suggested, deliverying newspapers you know!!!

Seriously he must prove he has sufficient reason to come back here and got be hidden in the attic for the next 6 years.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Usually when there is any sort of Doubt they make the Childs Parent prove that they wont overstay.My friends Mom had to bring all of her info(such as House deads,letter from Job,Bank,Insurance ext ext) in order for her 13 year old son to visit his dad in the UK.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002