Need Taxi from SDQ to Santo Domingo (domincan fiesta)

ARealWoman

Jul 21, 2009
Can anyone tell me any reputable taxis that are trustworthy and the cost in US dollars please from SDQ Airport to Santo Domingo ( Dominican Fiesta Hotel to be exact). I appreciate anyone who responds or directs me to a link.

;)

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
When you walk out of customs find the stairs and go up. Walk outside and there will be a line of taxis to your left. You should be able to do the trip from SDQ to the hotel for around 1200 to 1500 pesos. I've never paid more than 1200, but you are going farther than I did.

Tip: When you are in customs purchasing your tourist card change $100 at the kiosk right next to it. You will get a **** poor exchange rate, but this will be better than getting in a taxi and flashing some greenbacks. Oh, and as soon as you get off the plane head straight to the tourist card desk. There are only 2 or 3 people selling the cards and when a couple of flights arrive at the sametime it can be chaos.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Can anyone tell me any reputable taxis that are trustworthy and the cost in US dollars please from SDQ Airport to Santo Domingo ( Dominican Fiesta Hotel to be exact). I appreciate anyone who responds or directs me to a link.

;)

I have always felt the easiest thing to do is walk out the airport, turn left and head to the airport taxi stand. Avoid people whispering in your ear "taxi". I believe someone recently posted the official rate to any of the hotels in Santo Domingo Centro is $40 USD. As always, double check the rate before you get in the cab. It is just a way of life in the DR but just about everyone will try to get an extra buck or two, here and there.

Yes, there are ways to save a couple of dollars but is it worth it?

As mentioned before, make sure to buy the tourist card at $10 USD per person and exchange your money only at places that give the best rate. Try to find out the latest exchange rate just before you leave.

Enjoy your visit..............

ARealWoman

Jul 21, 2009
Leromeo and bigbird,

Thank you so much for this response. So what exactly does this tourist card get me and what does it mean to me? also how much money do you think i should exchange. I only want to bring a bare minimum of cash down there.

Also what is the best reputable taxi service? by reading the boards i have seen some mentions of Apollo but i dont know i dont want to wisked away and become someones slave.:surprised j/k

thank you so much i appreciate it;)

jggm1971

Mar 1, 2008
www.maisongautreaux.net
hello
call MORENO at the 8095456828 he is trustfull i use him to pick my friends up at the airport
tell him that juan from the maison gautreaux hotel recommend you also if you cannot call him send me a message and ill arrange the pick up for you no matter where you are staying

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
A tourist card is what all non residents must purchase at arrival in order to clear customs. If you get in line at passport control and don't have the card they will turn you away and ask you to purchase one. It's no big deal and for now it's only $10. Take a $10 bill or two $5 bills for this. Too many idiots show up with a $20 and think they can get change every single time.

I use Apollo within Santo Domingo, but have never used them from the airport. Just get one of the approved taxis that are in line and you won't have a problem.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
A tourist card is what all non residents must purchase at arrival in order to clear customs. If you get in line at passport control and don't have the card they will turn you away and ask you to purchase one. It's no big deal and for now it's only $10. Take a $10 bill or two $5 bills for this. Too many idiots show up with a $20 and think they can get change every single time.

I use Apollo within Santo Domingo, but have never used them from the airport. Just get one of the approved taxis that are in line and you won't have a problem.

Go with what leromero wrote, very good advice. No need what so ever for special pick up.

Leny30

Sep 9, 2009
Hi Juan
I'll be SDQ next week with a friend of mine....Need to get to Barcelo Hotel( Capelo)...which is 30 minutes away from hotel...how much do you think he will charge for round trip transfers ???

jggm1971

Mar 1, 2008
www.maisongautreaux.net
hello
call MORENO at the 8095456828 he is trustfull i use him to pick my friends up at the airport
tell him that juan from the maison gautreaux hotel recommend you also if you cannot call him send me a message and ill arrange the pick up for you no matter where you are staying

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
Las Colinas

I try and take Las Colinas taxi service. Their rates are really good, to or from the airport to where I lived (near zona colonial) is 500 pesos. I don't haggle, just have them radio with the destination and they say the price. It's always been between 100-240 pesos, and the 240 was a 30-minute drive.

ARealWoman

Jul 21, 2009
thank you all for your responses. all this info will be taken in consideration for my trip to The DR Sept 30th

yay me!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
thank you all for your responses. all this info will be taken in consideration for my trip to The DR Sept 30th

yay me!

You can arrange your pick up on line with Apolo Taxi. here is the link www.apolotaxi.com the website is under construction but it works fine.

JJ