Villas for rent

MeluDC

Aug 4, 2009
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and love all the great info on here. However, I've been searching and really haven't seen much about villas for rent. I have looked on the rental portion of this site, but what was there didn't really work for what my group had in mind. (We are a group of 2 couples).

Basically, we want a 2 or 3 bedroom villa that is on or very near the beach and has a pool. We definitely want something on the more luxurious end. We do not want all inclusive and would prefer not to be on top of a bunch of other tourists. We like cooking our own food and exploring. We are not resort people and we like privacy while also not being too far from town. The north coast really appeals to us, and we prefer not to be too far from an airport.

Does anyone have any recommendations about which area to head to? And if so, do you know of any villas there that have trustworthy owners or property managers?

I have emailed a few villa owners from various sites (Homeaway and Vrbo) and keep getting told that I need to make a deposit on the property- directly into someone's bank account. Um...shady?? Why would I just deliver my money into a stranger's account? Isn't paypal or credit used? I'm getting discouraged about DR at this point bc I can't seem to find a place that looks beautiful and has a safer way to pay. I'm all about trusting folks, but really can't afford to get scammed on our one vacation of the year.

Please help! A few property recommendations would be very much appreciated. If I'm missing any vital details, let me know. Our budget is about $1,600 for the week of November 21 thru the 28th. Less would be great, but we are willing to pay for quality and convenience.

Thanks in advance!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cabrera

Take a look at Cabrera. Unlike Sosua and Cabarete - off the beaten path a bit but good beaches - not crowded. Just an hour from Cabarete/Sosua - about 1 1/2 from POP airport. Less than an hour from the new el Catey/Samana airport (if using a European or Canadian charter)

Some villas your size and price range are there.

A deposit is required to confirm and your villa after you review and sign the rental papers. Mailing a cheque/check is quite normal.

Good luck

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
That's a good call from William. Cabrera area is beautiful for vacationing. I was contacted by a company that handle rentals there so if I can find their details I'll pm you. It will only be for contact details, I've never used them so it's not a recommendation.
Good luck

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Your other option is at Casa de Campo. It is quite normal to wire a deposit for your villa.
There has to be consequences for backing out at the last minute...the villa was not rented because you had asked for it...and only on your word>? Not in today's world.

I can certainly supply you with people to talk to directly in La Romana if you wish.

HB

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Go to Villa for rent DR1/Rentals.
My husband and I are property manager from Villa Casa Loma, Private Pool, A/C, in Cabarete.
There is all the information.

Ramy

MeluDC

Aug 4, 2009
Thanks for the help, everyone! This site seems great for all things DR!

Best,

Melissa

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
There are some nice villas and condos for rent, in Cofresi, just outside Puerto Plata. Go to VRBO.com and search 'Playa Cofresi.' 2 bedroom brand new condos in gated community for US$90 per night, fully furnished and equipped. 5 bedroom mansions including maid, cook, security, etc. for US$500 per night.