Company Retreat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Z

Jul 27, 2009
I am planning on a company retreat for my top performing sales team to one of those nice villas in Cabrera in May '10. Are there any restaurants, nightlife, parties or such in area?

Also supermarkets? pharmacies?

Any way to find out more info on the area?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In Cabrera>>>??? Ask MaineGirl, she used to live there. I think that Hartley also lives nearby...

Not much in that corner of the DR....

HB

May 8, 2009
I am planning on a company retreat for my top performing sales team to one of those nice villas in Cabrera in May '10. Are there any restaurants, nightlife, parties or such in area?

Also supermarkets? pharmacies?

Any way to find out more info on the area?

There are a few restaurants in the area. Nothing close to what you would find in the Sosua/Cabarete area. What you would find in the Sosua/Cabarete area are geared more towards a tourist crowd, whereas in Cabrera it is more a local scene. The same is true as far as the nightlife. There just isn't much of it here.

There are small supermarkets and small pharmacies as well.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Suggest you contact Jason at Playa Grande Real Estate. He manages many of the lux villas and lives in the area as well. A reliable source.
And congrats to you for recognizing your top performers.
They will love the area and finding the services and entertainment is not that difficult.
Plenty to do and see with the right contacts.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I live in downtown Cabrera and there are several nice restaurants/bars in the town, which are actually aimed a bit more at the gringo community than the locals, and therefore, usually fairly empty because Cabrera isn't exactly booming with gringos, but they are friendly and have some pretty good food. There is one lovely restaurant / bar right on the water which is definitely worth a visit..Manny's is the name. If you want something a bit more posh, there is a new seafood restaurant now open next to the main supermarket, which looks very posh, but I have yet to visit. If you need more info when you are in the area, send me a PM. It is a great little town and I am sure you will have an amazing stay! :)

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Suggest you contact Jason at Playa Grande Real Estate. He manages many of the lux villas and lives in the area as well. A reliable source.
And congrats to you for recognizing your top performers.
They will love the area and finding the services and entertainment is not that difficult.
Plenty to do and see with the right contacts.

Thank you for the recommendation for Cabrera. Visit our website at Dominican Republic Villas | Dominican Vacation Rentals | Dominican Republic Luxury Villa Rentals | Dominican Republic Vacation Rentals by Owner to see all of the wonderful villas we can provide!

Jason

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I live in downtown Cabrera and there are several nice restaurants/bars in the town, which are actually aimed a bit more at the gringo community than the locals, and therefore, usually fairly empty because Cabrera isn't exactly booming with gringos, but they are friendly and have some pretty good food. There is one lovely restaurant / bar right on the water which is definitely worth a visit..Manny's is the name. If you want something a bit more posh, there is a new seafood restaurant now open next to the main supermarket, which looks very posh, but I have yet to visit. If you need more info when you are in the area, send me a PM. It is a great little town and I am sure you will have an amazing stay! :)

Luigi's Seafood is pretty darn good, if I say so myself. I went for the grand opening. There were more people there than a PRD fiesta. It was amazing!

I'd say the service and food there was about comparable to Hotel La Catalina but with a seafood flair (gee, I wonder why). But the interior and wine selection is the absolute best in town. I'm happy it's across the street from my office but...er...I might add on a few pounds!

Status
Not open for further replies.