Failure to pay tickets

z90242

Aug 3, 2009
I have been told that failure to pay AMET tickets can result in non-renewal of auto registration. Can anyone corroborate this?

super.jm

Oct 21, 2009
failure to pay tickets is that possible, well i think you must to pay the ticket you have ordered in what occasions you reserved to

Sep 22, 2009
I have been told that failure to pay AMET tickets can result in non-renewal of auto registration. Can anyone corroborate this?

There is an active database. If you're in the system, then they'll get you eventually. Pay up :(

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
what about the meter parking tickets in santiago? is that system linked with amet system?
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
On the other hand, I am not going to worry about amet anymore in santiago. The head of amet police in santiago is a personal friend of mine.
This is why I insist, if you are going to make friends with dominicans then find dominicans who are worth gold.
AZB

Sep 22, 2009
what about the meter parking tickets in santiago? is that system linked with amet system?
AZB

I've never seen this system (is it private or municipal?), but it would be very amusing if they constructed such a thing and left themselves with no way to collect/enforce. Chances are, if they walk around with a little handheld, your license plate goes into the system (well, maybe even more primative, like writing it down). But, I have no proof of that.

I'm fairly certain it's never a good idea to NOT pay fines.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I didn't even think of that, you're probably right. My apologies...He needs a new translator. lol