Child Psychologist????

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I am seeking some help for my child, i think both her and myself would benefit from her seeing a child psychologist. I obviously not want to go into too much detail, but i really would appreciate any help you can give me with regards to where i can find one here.

Would i be better speaking to someone in the U.K?

This is not an easy thing to ask for, but i am hoping someone maybe able to help me.

Thank you

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are some good people here in Santiago and I know that there are others in Santo Domingo.

Dealing with children is so important that I am sure you will find the right person.

HB

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
I am so sorry i forgot to say that i am on east coast in Higuey, Obviously i would travel to Santo Domingo if needed, but as neither myself or my daughter are good travellers maybe Punta Cana or La Romana would be better, allthough i realize that minimizes my chances of finding someone.

I think allthough my spanish is quite good we would benefit from being able to communicate my concerns in english as obviously it is important both the Psychologist and i completely understand one another.

If anyone can recommend someone, even in santo Domingo or Santiago i could maybe speak to them about my concerns and go from there.

Thank you

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Here's the web site for the Colegio Dominicano de Psicologos, if you write them, I'm sure they could refer you to someone. Of course a personal referral would be great. Best of luck, I know you have an unusual line of work/business that must make it very challenging for you as a parent. And grandparents would be great too but we mothers often find ourselves doing it all especially someone who is far from her own support network. Good luck and good thing that you are reaching out.

HTTP://CODOPSI.TRIPOD.COM/

CODOPSI@HOTMAIL.COM

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Thank you so much Margaret, Very helpful i will give it a go!

Its very difficult sometimes to admit you cant cope, but i am just trying to nip a few things in the bud before they really effect us and become habit and i want to understand why she does certain things. No mother likes to think their child is unhappy.

I am hoping when she starts pre-school this month it will help spending more time with other children.

Thanks again

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I have sent you a PM with the phone of a Board certified British Phd psychologist who has a practice here in the Capital. While she does not specialize in children, she is certified by the US State Department (ok, now THAT really was a non sequitor, sorta!).... perhaps she might at least be able to consult.