Gran Cabanna Cabarete

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Hello--can someone tell me whether construction continues on the new units at the entrance to Pro-Cab?

The website shows buildings in an unfinished state and no work crews.

Thanks

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
yes construction continues at a good pace. PM me if you want more info.

Bob K

swooperman

Oct 10, 2007
The construction workers must be invisible because I have not seen one since September. There is a web site www.grancabannacabarete.net where the investors are gathering to compare notes. I was thinking of buying a unit but there seems to be problem and very little information from the developer.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
drove by there today, and still appears like a ghost town.....not really sure what's up, but nothings happening

grancabanna

Feb 4, 2010
If any investor or interested person has any questions whatsoever they can send an email to info@grancabanna.com. We will be happy to give a full update or they can drop by the office. We are here, on site, and our fully completed show apartment is open for viewing. Monday to Friday 9-5 (Swooperman; take note)

We are currently working with those of our clients who have been embarrased by the financial crisis and are having cash flow problems and are behind with thier payments. As a result we have slowed down construction which had run ahead of schedule. The project is not leveraged and is not at risk as all funding required so far has been sourced in house and no banks are involved.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
If any investor or interested person has any questions whatsoever they can send an email to info@grancabanna.com. We will be happy to give a full update or they can drop by the office. We are here, on site, and our fully completed show apartment is open for viewing. Monday to Friday 9-5 (Swooperman; take note)

We are currently working with those of our clients who have been embarrased by the financial crisis and are having cash flow problems and are behind with thier payments. As a result we have slowed down construction which had run ahead of schedule. The project is not leveraged and is not at risk as all funding required so far has been sourced in house and no banks are involved.

Not leveraged, no Banks are involved??? - then please help me understand why there is a Banco Popular Financing sign up on the fencing???

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Facebook says the project will be completed on Dec 1 2010. Personally there's a snowball's chance in he!! that will come true. Good point Aross, didn't think of that, and Swooperman, I know a good realtor that can help you out on a condo, thats built....

grancabanna

Feb 4, 2010
The banco Popular sign is for prospective buyers who wish to finance their purchase with a 20 year mortgage at 7.5%. We also have Scotia bank on board for owner financing

grancabanna

Feb 4, 2010
As for completion date....we are still optomistic that the delinquent clients will get thier money in soon enough to open in december of this year. We may not have all aspects of the project 100% complete but at least the two main phases and some part of the Food and Beverage open.

grancabanna

Feb 4, 2010
As most of you know, condo financing for purchasers has not been common in the DR. We are pleased to be able to offer these financing options now. However, prior to the availability of this financing, our early buyers had to provide their own funds via staged payments.

No part of the world has been untouched by recent financial problems; therefore many of our early buyers have been temporarily unable to complete their payments to us, and temporarily unable to secure financing at home. Gran Cabanna Cabarete's owners and managers have a very long track record in Cabarete--our in-town location is highly desirable for many reasons and we are confident that the project will be completed as planned.

No one is at risk since, as pointed out earlier; the project is not leveraged and cannot be foreclosed on. We invite all interested parties to stop by and see our model unit and get first hand information. We hope that this information sets the record straight for all concerned.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Why pool area?

Looking at the project, ok everybody with normal vision can see what they are doing in the condos across the pool, but the one with poor eyes? Why did they not put Condos in the middle also to get the cooozy feeling. Pools are overrated.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
construction started in the middle of the economic crisis, (the only game in town) and now stopped because of it. did you envision this, and also, are you cutting corners on materials to keep construction going?

Insider

Feb 7, 2010
::
yes construction continues at a good pace. PM me if you want more info.

Bob K

Attention: Bob K is dreaming in technicolor. Would somebody please give him a shake from his dillusion, take him by the hand, and lead him through the Grancabanna site. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all the people all of the time. You can quote me on that.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
That's an old post from Bob.

I guess if one's agenda is always to find fault and to throw around baseless accusations, then the fact that Bob posted that response during a time that construction was indeed underway doesn't really matter.

So, perhaps the best strategy is to accept the invitation to visit their office and see what's up.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
::

Attention: Bob K is dreaming in technicolor. Would somebody please give him a shake from his dillusion, take him by the hand, and lead him through the Grancabanna site. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all the people all of the time. You can quote me on that.

Interesting first post...

Bob lives there and you are posting from thousands of miles away and six months after the post you are criticizing...

Bob has hundreds of posts and has been helpful to many in the past; you have no record and no creds in my eyes...

Who do you think I believe in this instance.

R-i-g-h-t.

Gregg:rolleyes:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
INsider

Can you read?????????????????????????????
If you look at my post it was back in August and in August construction was going ahead. Since then yes like many projects in the area construction has slowed or temporarily stopped.

I hate defending my self and won't do it again, but next time maybe you should look more closely before throwing stones. And by the way my sungalsses are a grey tint.

Thank you

Bob K

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Stopped

Nothing has happened there for months, so Bob is probably right - early november there were things going on.

Punta Goleta, Fountains, procab canal, La sienega airport, bridge cabarete -puerto plata, metro between callejon de la loma and bambuu - are all projects going according to plan.

swooperman

Oct 10, 2007
Show Suite

construction started in the middle of the economic crisis, (the only game in town) and now stopped because of it. did you envision this, and also, are you cutting corners on materials to keep construction going?

Hey Hammerdown!
I was in the show suite before xmas. There were all kinds of quality and fit and finish issues that I noticed and then when construction stopped I became very nervous. I have always been cautious about investing at
pre-construction prices but now I am a firm non-believer.

The developer promises to live by the "Golden Rule"
in the end it turns into "We have your gold . . . now we make the rules!" Blaming the rest of the world for the problems.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Hey Hammerdown!
I was in the show suite before xmas. There were all kinds of quality and fit and finish issues that I noticed and then when construction stopped I became very nervous. I have always been cautious about investing at
pre-construction prices but now I am a firm non-believer.

The developer promises to live by the "Golden Rule"
in the end it turns into "We have your gold . . . now we make the rules!" Blaming the rest of the world for the problems.

Who is the developer and is there a history of previous projects that were successful or otherwise. And what was the quality and fit and finish of these previous projects if any?

Reactions: Tamborista