Do we beleive Papi?

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Do we believe Big Papi? If so, why is he different than any other player? Different than Manny and Alex and Bonds and Clemens?

Mr. Lu

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
it's funny, when these allegations come out and their batting average goes south, it makes you think.
i say suspension for BIG SLOPPY !!! (actually he said it first)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Lu,

I don't know what to believe anymore. I am just sick and tired of this damn name leaking. They should just publish the entire list and get it over with. If they did it then that's it. Let's call it a day and move on.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Don't forget that not everyone on the list tested positive.

I also think it would take a real "special" person to vocally oppose steroids and then to be found to be tested positive. For that reason I'm willing to give David and Palmeiro the benefit of doubt.

I think it would be helpful if they ever posted what can trip the tests so one could know exactly what these drugs are. I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few legal drugs available over the counter that might have these components.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

Don't forget that not everyone on the list tested positive.

I also think it would take a real "special" person to vocally oppose steroids and then to be found to be tested positive. For that reason I'm willing to give David and Palmeiro the benefit of doubt.

I think it would be helpful if they ever posted what can trip the tests so one could know exactly what these drugs are. I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few legal drugs available over the counter that might have these components.

I agree, GNC supplements can make you test positive. But my question regards the presumption of innocence. A-rod's name was leaked and the world collapses on him. The hatred is voiced. Papi's name is leaked and, well, he is getting the benefit of the doubt. Or is he??

And yeah. I agree. They should put the list out there. This is getting old. Baseball needs to move on!

Mr. Lu

Jan 5, 2006
I don't believe him, but at this point, I have a who cares attitude towards the whole PEDs thing.

So what if he doesn't want to admit that he took PEDs? There were several players on every team in MLB using something, so as far as I'm concerned, it evened out. It's time to move on!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The way I see this is that Big Papi has a better "personna" than A-Rod or Manny.

However, remember that stuff like Anthro was over the counter (still is, I think)...I remember that shot of McGuire in front of his locker with a big jar of Anthro (You cold read the label) on the shelf!!!

Now, once it is banned, I would suspend them, wipe their slate, and forget about them... As for the Hall? Schitt, why not. They have Klan members, drunks, racists and other such sterling characters in there, why not a few guy that used steroids...

As for the list, yeah, I guess it should be out there...with all the qualifying, too...the maybes, the false positives and the positives...

HB