Any chance we will see the meteor shower here?

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
YEP !!... They were out last night around 4 am, about 3 or 5 every 2 to 3 minutes. Apparently not the best time to see them because of the phase of the moon, too much light but they are there.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
If I am in Santo Domingo will I be able to see this? At what time? In what direction? Any astronomers/meteorologists on the boards who can help me here? I heard 1am but El Caribe says 7:30pm....Any clues???

Mr. Lu

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go up on your roof. Lay down. Look up. Around midnight.
You will see the "destellos" ...as they flash across the skies...pretty awesome sight..

You will be joined by millions around the globe...fantastic to think about that..

HB

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Shooting Star

I saw one in the Cotui area last night and it was really cool.. A large white dot moved quickly across the sky with a long straight tail. It was bigger than the ones I've seen before.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
So there we were, flat out on sun loungers, cold beers in hand, staring into space. Watching, drinking, watching, drinking, watching and then! my friend started snoring!
We didn't see a thing, however, HB's words came back to me and I thought about people all over the world who might also be staring into space and I felt a warm glow (of course that may have just been the beer)!

Reactions: Celt202