hotel recommendation puerto plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaska1986

Hello all
I'll be staying in Puerto Plata for a couple days (Dec 12- Dec 15) before heading to Santiago and I wanted to get a GOOD recommendation on a safe hotel. I'm not looking for the highest class of service but I'm also not looking for something cheap. I would imagine around RD 1000 a night maybe a bit more but in needs to be in Puerto Plata not adjacent to it.

Thanks in advance

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
You could try Castillo del Ambar but I recall being told their rates are up a bit. They are 5 minutes from the main road so very accessible.

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi,
You could also try Hotel Montesilva, clean safe and with a pool, ask for Ramon or Filippo
Address: Av. Luis Ginebra and Calle La Estancia. Puerto Plata. Tel:320-0205 Fax:320-0105
Have Fun

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Hotel Sunshine

I stayed at Hotel Sunshine in Puerto Plata for a few days in May last. It is situated near to Supermarket Jose Luis. It is clean and tidy with well appointed rooms, there is also the choice of air con. or not. There is hot water too, and internet availability. I chose a room without air con. and the cost was 1100 pesos per night, which included a substantial breakfast, either American or Dominican. Their small restaurant is also open through the day and evening for other meals. It is a short taxi or moto journey to town or the Malecon.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Hi,
You could also try Hotel Montesilva, clean safe and with a pool, ask for Ramon or Filippo
Address: Av. Luis Ginebra and Calle La Estancia. Puerto Plata. Tel:320-0205 Fax:320-0105
Have Fun

I stayed in this hotel and agree with the assessment. Their pool is of decent size and clean. They also have Internet access, refrigerator, tables outside, etc. Rooms are basic, but very well maintained. And owners are very pleasant and honest people. It only takes about 10 minutes to walk to the closest beach.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
montesilva

Hi,
Have Fun

Well other than the fact that I was robbed there , and the desk person let a person into my room .....

samsbar

Jun 30, 2005
Hotel room Puerto Plata

Ypu could try the
bonsai, on John F. Kennedy (now called Juan Bosch) one block from central park and three from the malecon. Joanne

Status
Not open for further replies.