New Garden Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
A quick question. Has anyone seen or been to the New Garden Hotel after the renovations have been made. I am planning on possibly staying there in February. Any feedback negative or positive on the hotel would be great appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
I spent Thursday night in New Garden's old wing. It was clean, but it smelled a little funny. Our amigo stayed in the new wing and it was very nice. If I need to stay there again, I will take one of the new rooms. Just smelled a little funky to me.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
From what I understand the new open air restaurant has been completed, and looks really great.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Trig,

In case I do stay there in February. Where is the new wing located? And, do they have balcony rooms in the new room?

Thx,

JBars

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
jbars

All rooms had balcony's. When standing at the check in desk, the wing to the left is the old wing, and the one to the right is the new wing. FYI, go figure, the new wing is more expensive. I think I paid $54 for the old wing and the new wing was $69. The new outdoor restaraunt was finished and opened when we were there. Looks very nice, very open.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
All rooms had balcony's. When standing at the check in desk, the wing to the left is the old wing, and the one to the right is the new wing. FYI, go figure, the new wing is more expensive. I think I paid $54 for the old wing and the new wing was $69. The new outdoor restaraunt was finished and opened when we were there. Looks very nice, very open.

The Front of the hotel does look great with the restaurant and pool all visable from a very busy street.

Unfortuantely the motoconchos drivers with their loud motorcycles driving by at all hours of the night make it diificult to enjoy a hotel that really has no view...except for the pool!

It's close enough to walk every where and if you drink enough or SEXERCISE enough you should be able to sleep through just about anything....do they have safes?

Last edited:

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
They had a safe with a key in my room. Wasn't real crazy about the key. If someone could get the key, they can get my stuff. I prefer the digital safe's.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
In the new wing, at least, they have digital safes.

Gregg

warning: after a night of drinking and your take-home is looking at you for the dinero, get the dinero out of the safe before you start drinking or wait until the next day. :paranoid:

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I prefer the digital safes too. I feel much safer with them. I usually take enough money with me at night, and don't go overboard in drinking and have enough money if I want to have fun with a chica. I don't like to open the safe in front anyone, except for close friends that travel with me. Speaking of noise. The last time I stayed at Casa Valeria and had a mix of the 6am rooster and construction next door to wake me up every morning..Hopefully the construction noise will be abated. I know nothing can be done about the rooster, lol...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
They had a safe with a key in my room. Wasn't real crazy about the key. If someone could get the key, they can get my stuff. I prefer the digital safe's.
I have read where guys who are traveling with a wingman exchange safe keys. Give me the digital safe large enough to hold a laptop and I am happy. One of the main reasons I keep going back to my favorite hotel in SD is because of the large digital safe.

kacuni

Nov 16, 2008
You should ask for a discount, the new wing isn't worth the 69 $, I've paid 62 $.

The breakfast included won't make you happy if you know what you can get at Rocky's! The bartenders aren't really into their work -> unfriendly and that's a big minus. Also, the girls who are sitting next to the pool aren't real beautys (if that's what you're looking for) and when they're hitting on you everytime you pass by, it gets annoying.

You will find the king size bed and the digital safe at Hotel Europa, too, although the NG has a very nice shower. Space for 3 people. ;)

And I was very disappointed that they don't even have better TVs in the new wing.

I've heard of some buddys who stayed at the apartments across the street to Rocky's and were very happy with it. I don't remember the name though.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
so any new updates to the new wing at New Garden ? i'm tossing up between New Garden or Terra Linda or Villa Taina in caberete.

dates are 3-8 June....a quick trip....

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
I just got back and stayed at NG. I stayed in the old wing, bottom floor. Had a great stay! Digital safes in the old wing now. Good breakfast included with the room.

jdb1393

Dec 17, 2009
Say you want a digital safe and want to stay close enough to "what's happening" without needing a motto (fear of my drunk ass falling off and/or causing an accident.) Does anything besides NG come to mind? Not that there is anything wrong with NG. While planning our first trip, those are our 2 components (digital safe,central location). I've heard a lot say NG is the way to go, but in my opinion it's always good to have options. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Say you want a digital safe and want to stay close enough to "what's happening" without needing a motto (fear of my drunk ass falling off and/or causing an accident.) Does anything besides NG come to mind? Not that there is anything wrong with NG. While planning our first trip, those are our 2 components (digital safe,central location). I've heard a lot say NG is the way to go, but in my opinion it's always good to have options. Thanks in advance!

Try Terra Linda for a slightly more "upscale" environment for about the same price without the Street Rats by the pool.

Reactions: Bronxboy
Status
Not open for further replies.