what Bill did to the surf...

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Thought you may be interested to see what Hurricane Bill brought to Encuentro this morning - 1st page are all photos taken by us between 8 and 9am today. www.cabareteblog.com

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2007
Thanks a million!!! My husband just asked me what "Bill" is doing to the north coast of the DR.

Have fun and be safe, surfers!

Lindsey

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Cane Garden Bay?

Great pictures. In the 15 years I lived in the Virgin Islands, I never saw perfect waves like that.

Never saw Cane Garden Bay go off? I know its very fickle but in 15 years? One of the best waves in the entire Carib, Cane Garden Bay, Tortola, BVI.

But yea, nice images Jim, I saw them on Obdulios Facebook. Its hitting here today but wind its not cooperating and its moving fast.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Yes Lambada, the water was very very high on Cabarete bay this weekend - what a pity that such a spectacle is mixed with disaster for some families; not a disaster for us (thanks to Roberto Spitali's new clinic, CMC) but my son broke his nose this afternoon in the shore-break at Bozo, even after it had been reduced by 2/3

oldislandman

Sep 1, 2002
Never saw Cane Garden Bay go off? I know its very fickle but in 15 years? One of the best waves in the entire Carib, Cane Garden Bay, Tortola, BVI.

But yea, nice images Jim, I saw them on Obdulios Facebook. Its hitting here today but wind its not cooperating and its moving fast.

Yes I have seen the wave action in Cane Garden Bay, but the waves were never the impressive size and shape of the waves in the pictures. I lived in the US Virgin Islands so I only saw the waves in Cane Garden Bay when I sailed over there.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
We are just beginning to shake hands with Bill...

Rain at times heavy with gusty winds.

Should be intensifying over the next 2 - 3 hours and then ebbing.

Fortunately we are on the weaker (left hand side) of the storm so we shouldn't get the additive force of the centrifugal component.

Post more later and if I can get any decent photos through the rain spattered windows here at home.

Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.