The BIG STINK

Tropicdude

May 26, 2009
I usually post about plants and stuff, but lately another issue has been grabbing my attention, and that's the big stink blowing in from the City Dump.

Last year, it was only a few times that it was noticeable, but in the last 2-3 months its been getting really bad, maybe 3-4 times a week now.

I am not located next to the land fill, I am actually a few Kilometers away, in Arroyo Hondo, Last night I went to the Bravo Supermarket on Churchill Ave. and it was blowing in strong, so it seems large parts of Santo Domingo are being blasted by the land fill stench.

Anyone know whats going on? are they not Burying the garbage? I know this cant be healthy.

Tropicdude

May 26, 2009
I know that the direction the wind blows has everything to do with who gets the aromatic emanations from the land fill.

I would guess that all the rain lately has also added to the problem, but obviously someone at the dump is not doing their job to cover up, fill in or whatever its called.

Oh well if were lucky it will get so bad that the stench will make its way all the way to "El Palacio" then maybe finally someone will do something about it.