Perla de Sosua - rentals

Sylvia from NS

Feb 12, 2006
Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
Hello, Does anyone know anything about this place? It is relatively inexpensive compared to most condo rentals and it has a great location and looks clean and presentable. Any advice would be much appreciated. I have to be concerned when prices seem low. Sometimes if it looks too good to be true, it is. Thanks everyone in sunny Sosua and those of us dreaming of being there!!

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
If you have airconditioning, hot water and security at night time it's a great rental to me.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have lived at Perla de Sosua for 3 years and we have brand new AC's in all the rooms and all the windows have screens for the winter months when you do not need air conditioning.

All rooms have refridgerators and cable tv and wireless internet is provided as well.

The apartments all have stoves and all untensils for cooking.

The pool is clean.

The location is the best part because everything is truly within walking distance ie it's only 2-3 blocks to Classicos and 2 blocks to the grocery store and 3 blocks to the beach.

You will never hear a motoconcho as well.

The owner also provides pick up and delivery to POP airport.

And yes it is guest friendly

www.perladesosua.com

Sylvia from NS

Feb 12, 2006
Wow Mike, you made my day. Have a friend in Sosua that I have asked to come take a look, but your post makes me feel much better. We are looking at end Feb/first March 2010 for two weeks. Any drawbacks? Why is Perla de Sosua such a hidden jewel? I have searched and searched and just came upon it in a post on DR1. Have never noticed it is real estate listings. Perhaps I've just missed it. Do you rent or own? Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

Sylvia in NS

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
I stayed there over 25 times...some rooms are better then others...I recommend that you take one of the renovated one bedrooms...the owner's wife who runs the place is really nice and accommodating. Great location, very quiet, maid once a day...great value for the price.

Sylvia from NS

Feb 12, 2006
Hello Koredjk, Thanks for the advice. How do I know which one bedrooms are renovated? On the site, there are available rooms numbered 1-10. Would you have any advice? Are there more than 10 rooms, some long term or owned privately that, of course, would not be listed to rent? I presume that the building is bigger than 10 rooms by the photos. Let me know what you think. Thanks,

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Wow Mike, you made my day. Have a friend in Sosua that I have asked to come take a look, but your post makes me feel much better. We are looking at end Feb/first March 2010 for two weeks. Any drawbacks? Why is Perla de Sosua such a hidden jewel? I have searched and searched and just came upon it in a post on DR1. Have never noticed it is real estate listings. Perhaps I've just missed it. Do you rent or own? Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

Sylvia in NS

Hi Sylvia,

The owner just listed this property on DR1 and you are right it is a hidden jewel!

This property is listed on several travel websites

I rent here as these units are not for sale and I suggest you book early as the winter months sell out by the end of September

Toll Free:
1-800-844-4156 (Us & Canada)
702-258-7376 (Las Vegas, NV)
809-571-2876 (Dom. Republic)

E-mail: brentlewis@rentavillas.com

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
Hello Koredjk, Thanks for the advice. How do I know which one bedrooms are renovated? On the site, there are available rooms numbered 1-10. Would you have any advice? Are there more than 10 rooms, some long term or owned privately that, of course, would not be listed to rent? I presume that the building is bigger than 10 rooms by the photos. Let me know what you think. Thanks,

try to book the one bed which is right next to the reception ( I don't remember the apt no )...that's the one that I liked best

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
try to book the one bed which is right next to the reception ( I don't remember the apt no )...that's the one that I liked best

Apartment 1 is the one you are mentioning as #2 has 2 bedrooms

Apartment 1 [ Select ]

Is a 41 sq mtr apartment (Over 440 sq ft) three short steps up apartment. Has one just under 200 sq ft separate bedroom with Air Conditioning and separate combination living and kitchen area of just under 200 sq ft. Bathroom with shower, fully equipped kitchen area with refrigerator and stove. Cable TV and ceiling fans and one of the few apartments at Perla that has front and back doors, giving you easy access to the gated entry and also the pool.

IN SEASON RATES:
MONTHLY (Three (3) months or less rate) = 870 USD per month
WEEKLY = 355 USD per week
DAILY = 55 USD per day

Policies: No refund of deposit if canceled less than 46 days of arrival 150 USD deposit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apartment 2 [ Select ]

Is a 95.5 sq mtr apartment (Over 1000 sq ft including terrace. 2 bedrooms with separate living, dining and kitchen rooms. A bathroom with shower remodeling. Air conditioning is included in each of the bedrooms. Full kitchen, dining and living rooms. Complete with refrigerator and stove, fully equipped, cable TV and ceiling in each room

IN SEASON RATES:
MONTHLY (Three (3) months or less rate) = 1325 USD per month
WEEKLY = 540 USD per week
DAILY = 83 USD per day

Policies: No refund of deposit if canceled less than 46 days of arrival 150 USD deposit

Sylvia from NS

Feb 12, 2006
Wow, you guys are fast!! Thank you for all the help. Sent an e-mail to address you provided, Mike, and requested info on unit by reception. Did request one bedroom for two week period, so will clarify when I get response. Thanks for the advice, Have a good night.

Sylvia from NS

Feb 12, 2006
Thanks, I have checked this in the past. So many of the reasonable priced ones are crappy, or Palms/Tradewinds which is too far out of town. Hoping Perla de Sosua or Condos Dominicano will work for us. Really like to be IN town, it is one of the most important things to us. Any other IN TOWN suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks.

theheights718

Jan 27, 2009
Guest Friendly

Hello all,
Just wanted to thank everyone for this very informative thread, since this will be my first time to Sosua(Jan 21st-28th), I do have family in santo domingo and was wondering if guest are allowed at these apartments like how AI's are?

Thanks for your help

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hello all,
Just wanted to thank everyone for this very informative thread, since this will be my first time to Sosua(Jan 21st-28th), I do have family in santo domingo and was wondering if guest are allowed at these apartments like how AI's are?

Thanks for your help

Perla de Sosua accepts guests.