Expats and Business

Do you (expat) own a business(es)?

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Original message from Black Dog:

In a thread a little while ago Robert mentioned that their are about 15 DR1 members who run their own business, I was suprised how low the number was given the wealth of knowledge amoung the members. I thought it would be interesting to find out from the people living here.

Do you (expat) own a business(es)?

A) Yes, in the DR.
B) Yes, outside the DR.
C) Yes, in the DR and abroad.
D) No.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I have an office based business in Sosua. I was also interested to see how many ex-pats in the DR are employed by someone else or retired!

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Interesting poll, can't wait to see the results. I run a self-employed business in the British Virgin Islands providing yachting services and have recently partnered with a Dominican friend in a small business start up in Santo Domingo. I plan to expand or possibly move my yachting service business to the Dominican Republic in the near future. There has been a lot of development in that area in the Dominican Republic resulting in a lot of potential for business opportunities.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Yes i run a business in the DR. My partner and i own a C por A company and we supply entertainment for resorts and private functions. Due to the rarity of our kind of entertainment we have expanded very quickly and hope to continue doing so.