Where is Marko? Marco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
My original introduction to the DR came through Marko, and I could not have been more fortunate, since his little bar/ hotel/ watering hole for expats is about as all-inclusive as one can hope for as a jumping off point. In November 2003, He picked me up at the airport and I settled in for a week or so until my rented condo space opened at Condos Dominicanos, another place I highly recommend for the "older" among us. I was surprised to hear that he sold the bar, as I have a hard time not thinking that the bar is Marco and Marco is the bar. He has always been an open and valuable source of information, although he can be somewhat intimidating in his delivery. He is a good soul. I am not trying to say I am exactly a "fan" of Marco, but he is an original. I have always been grateful for his presence and willingness to help others find their bearing in Sosua. So, where has Marco "retired" to and what is he up to? Wherever and whatever, I hope he is well.

Reactions: Rocky

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Marc is still around but Rick runs Rocky's (very well I hear :) ). You can PM Rocky if you want to get in touch with Marc - he isn't on DR1 as frequently but he will still get your message.

although he can be somewhat intimidating in his delivery.

Good thing we're all different :cheeky: I don't find him intimidating at all.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
marco is amazing. love the guy.

he is still at rockys. well, still living there anyway.

sold to rick. and rick is running it every bit as great as marco did. same staff. who doesnt love anna and dilcia (my one true love)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Alive and Kickin'

I'm humbled by your words, Amigos.

I'm lucky to have found a job/business/career like Rocky's provided me with for ten years. It was quite simply a dream come true.

Now, in retirement, I get to immerse myself in my hobby of tweaking computers, doing some repairs, experimenting, inventing, etc.
The rest of the time I travel as much as I can, 4 big trips this year, so my luck is holding out, another dream come true.
I still live at Rocky's. It's where I feel at home.
If all goes according to plan, this is where I will spend the rest of my life.

From a very grateful Marco/Rocky.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As of today, I understand that he is hopping around the islands for a while.. I miss him already...not that we talk every day, but it is good to know that he is there if we need him...

Yesterday, we solved, long distance, an issue I had with some nasty pop ups...

A few lines over DR1 PMs and bingo! So far, no more nasties...

Bon voyage, Marc/Rocky etc etc...see you around the next time..

HB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
but it is good to know that he is there if we need him...

Yesterday, we solved, long distance, an issue I had with some nasty pop ups...

You too, HB? Yesterday I couldn't boot up, so after Grahame got back from golf at Playa Grande he took my computer to Marc, who not only righted that problem but got rid of a whole load of hidden nasties I had, unbeknownst to me, lurking in my computer. And all on the day before Marc went on holiday (when normally people are busy with their own concerns)!

So a huge thank you to Marc, the computer goes like a dream now :). Have a wonderful holiday!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, he and I exchanged a few notes on that issue...he told me that you had some major nasties that were slowing it way way down..
Mine works so well....thanks to him...guy's a whiz at "tweeking"...

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.