CMC - Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Just stopped by the CMC to check some things out for myself. First off this building is wonderful, bright & clean. The staff met us and directed us,
We had a wonderful tour of the building and a run down of some of the services offered. They are accepting different insurances... I was glad to be among the group they accept. They have a 24 hour Emergency room, with a Doctor on site, plus many specialties who are providing their services. It was a great comfort to know how staffed and current this clinic is. Also very nice to see what is available before you require the service... hopefully no time soon!

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
We have just had a terrific experience with this new clinic. My son broke his nose on Saturday, putting it totally out of alignment. We drove straight to the CMC where we were dealt with immediately by Dr. Carlos Reyes Salas (Ortopeda-Traumatologo). Less than 1.5 hours after his break, he was in surgery; an anesthetist brought in from Puerto Plata.

I have Seguros Universal Gold Med Plan, which they do not currently accept. I knew that we were not talking thousands of dollars so I was not concerned; my insurance allows me to specify any clinic in the event of an emergency and re-claim later.

After one comfortable night in hospital, he was allowed home - paperwork was done quite quickly and whilst we waited for half an hour for reports, etc. we guesstimated how much it would be. I thought $850 more or less and my partner thought more like $1200 - the total bill was $580 USD.

Today we returned and he had all the stuff removed from his nose that they use to pack after a break. I waited for another charge; no you can go they said, there's nothing to pay. I met two of my friends there today too, having various things attended to - everyone was happy with the service they'd received.

Clean, Professional, Peaceful, Respectful, Value for Money. If we are unlucky enough to have to find a doctor in an emergency; I would not hesitate to go back to the CMC.

Lastly, Roberto Spitali himself was in attendance on both Saturday and Sunday. Congratulations to him and thanks for my son's 'normal' looking nose.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I did not specifically get all plans, we have ARS Monumental, which they accept, and that is pretty much all I took note of. I was told by someone who called CMC today that the policy is not to tell you over the phone which Insurance they accept. You apparently must go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.