Dominican guys with white women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreaa

Aug 26, 2009
Ok, this may be random, but I always wondered what was Dominican guys infatuation with white women? I live in New York now, and when I go to Washington Heights,and see a Dominican guy with a white women, he always tries to show her off like a trophy. Even famous Dominicans like Alex Rodriguez, David Orticz, Manny Ramirez,Sammy Sosa, etc married white women.

Has anybody else seen this? Please share.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
How many white women like black guys/dark hispanics? I think it goes both ways...

keeps things interesting... spice things up..

rocker67

Apr 20, 2009
Ok, this may be random, but I always wondered what was Dominican guys infatuation with white women? I live in New York now, and when I go to Washington Heights,and see a Dominican guy with a white women, he always tries to show her off like a trophy. Even famous Dominicans like Alex Rodriguez, David Orticz, Manny Ramirez,Sammy Sosa, etc married white women.

Im going to take a stab at this.......... firstly this is only anecdotal;and based on my life experience with BLACK folks; I have worked 8 years hand in hand with black folks, this may be something to consider. Maybe there is similarity to the Dominican man...maybe not!!!

Thes black folks have told me this;
Within their history they were given little opportunity to progress in life and even less of a chance ( or NO chance) to actually date and marry a white woman. This was an impossibility for the black man. Thus, the 'white woman' became a treasured or highly valued dream for the black man ( personally i dont understand this desire for white women, you can have them...but i digress; i am white by the way) Now, with many black men attaining education, money, a life experience to be envied etc...what remains for the black man to attain ....what is the thing he could NEVER have ???? Right!!!! The 'white woman' If you think about it, a black man during his history in the 30's through to the 60's could not simply find, date and marry any 'white woman ' he desired .... Thus the white woman became 'valuable'... 'an unattainable piture of beauty' a wonderous image of sensuality just waiting to be plucked ( both P and F can be used interchangeably with the work plucked)

Perhaps the DR hombre views the white woman in the same way;
she is exotic looking (to him)...and we all value the exotic
she is a rarity (in the DR)
She is more wealthy than he, comparatively!
She has access to a life and level of opportunity he may never be exposed too, otherwise
Status; now ive been around the DR long enough to know that there are no shortage of DR folks that consider having a white friend a status symbol. This is my experience. (Now listen up, i did not say all DR ppl are loooking for white women for this particular reason)

Lastly, the Pamela Anderson's of this world are marketed as picture perfect beauties, or the definition of beauty; is it any wonder that a hombre would then desire her more so than one of his own. I mean she has it all ...or so He is lead to believe (try living with one...hmmmm)

Personally i believe Asians and the DR women are consistently some of the most beautiful women i have ever seen. I do not understand the fascination with white women; and trust me ive dated and worked with a few and frankly ' you can have all of 'em'...

just my thoughts

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Can't speak for washington heights, but in the DR its true, guys go crazy for rubias. I brought a german rubia to an outting with bunch of friends, and all the guys were like "ta buenisma" etc. She was pretty, but nothing to write home about. I guess it has something to do with the fact that they are different, not so common. But yeah, why they go "crazy" over an average girl, because she's blonde, I don't get it. Maybe it's a "good hair" + "white skin" fetish. hehe. At the end of the day, people like what they like, doesn't really matter.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Blondy

I was riding in a taxi in Santo Domingo and a blonde young woman was standing on the street corner waiting for the light to change.
The taxi driver and the Dominican guy hanging with me starting whistling and calling out to her. I said what?s the fascination? She has dyed blonde hair.
They said but she is a blonde. Go figure.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We humans are sometimes attracted to the opposite of what is around us or opposite to us.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
As stated in that saying, opposites attract. Which can also explain why Rocker67, a white male is so attracted to Dominicanas and Asians as he states. We often want something that we normally don't have, it is normal and prevalent throughout the world. I have often been with Dominican friends, and they may hardly give a second look to the Dominicana that I am going google over, but let a white woman pass by and they equally go google over her. Different strokes and all of that.

I being a black male, have had my share of white woman, while living in the States, although I didn't ever think of it as a trophy situation, preferring to think of it, as simply that we were attracted to each other. But in looking at it, would I be surprised if some psychological reason, was working on me in a subconscious sort of way, absolutely not. By the way that works in the opposite way as well, as I can still recall how a blond jewish woman, that I had the pleasure of spending quite a bit of time with a few years back, called me her "dirty little secret", tell me if that wasn't somewhat subliminal in nature.

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005

Let me make it easy for you. Dominican will show any woman who is good and look good as a trophy. It would not matter if she is white, yellow, brown, black, red , pink or martian, just my experience. If the woman is ugly, I really doubt that he will show her as a trophy.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Let me make it easy for you. Dominican will show any woman who is good and look good as a trophy. It would not matter if she is white, yellow, brown, black, red , pink or martian, just my experience. If the woman is ugly, I really doubt that he will show her as a trophy.

You are so right. Let me add that if the woman is ugly, she will be good for cooking, clean the house, make the laundry, raise the kids. For going out, ''her man'' will do it with a novia or one of his novias.

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009
well i would never have guessed that you are male!!!!

You obviously have never been married.

Sometimes people do not see colour. I am white and with my brown husband as he loves me and vice versa. We have a thing called partnership. I cook and he cooks. He looked after his kids for years. I work and he works. Together two can be stronger than two seperate people.

I am sorry for you, if you feel that your only role is to screw women.

Matilda

thank u matilda!!!!!

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
they like white girls for the same reason so many euros like the darkest dominicans...its different! and thus "exotic". that said...any hot woman will be trophy material, whether shes green or purple. colorism does exist in the DR, but hotness trumps all lol

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
they like white girls for the same reason so many euros like the darkest dominicans...its different! and thus "exotic". that said...any hot woman will be trophy material, whether shes green or purple. colorism does exist in the DR, but hotness trumps all lol

You are right, hotness trumps everything, thank God for hotness!! Something exhilarating in walking into to a place and having all heads turn to look at you because you are with the hottest thing there. That of course works only if the real reason, they are turning and looking at you is because of the hotness factor and not for other reasons. :ermm:

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006

I live in Washington Heights and it's very rare to see dominican guys with white girls. They are usually with light skin dominican women. And these are the places that cater to the snobs around here. :D I know that tigueres like to show them off, but not any ordinary guy because he can get a beautiful dominican woman.

pkaide1,

Dominican men (especially in the upper middle/rich class) will not show off a black girl (even if she looks like a trophy) among their peers.

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
I thought Manny's wife is Brazilian? And Alex's ex-wife is not white.

I don't think Dominican guys are infatuated with white women..I hardly ever see Dominicans dating/marrying white women. I bet the percentages are really low.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
I thought Manny's wife is Brazilian? And Alex's ex-wife is not white.

I don't think Dominican guys are infatuated with white women..I hardly ever see Dominicans dating/marrying white women. I bet the percentages are really low.

Manny's wife is Brasilian and I believe Alex's ex wife was raised in a Greek Orthodox home.

Status
Not open for further replies.