Best Asian restaurant in Bavaro

mg1110

Sep 24, 2005
We found a great Asian restaurant in Plaza Realeza in Friusa, it is a gourmet dining experience at affordable prices. SERAI Restaurant. Opens 7 days lunch 12 to 3 and dinner 7 to 11. Don't miss it!

ElizPuntaCana

Sep 21, 2009
Chinese, Japonese, Malaysian, or a mixture? Either way, I'm there! I've been looking for some good Chinese. Thanks

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I look forward to trying that one out, meanwhile Balicana (mainly Indonesian but also other SE Asian-style dishes) in Los Corales is highly recommended. Closed Sundays.

Mocha2021

Jan 13, 2009
Serai

They do a little bit of everything from South East Asia - Malaysian, CHinese, Indian, Thai, Vietnam, Japon and a bit of Singapore too I think. About time....I'd say !

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Also in the Asian range - Punta Cava in Punta Cana village has a sushi night every Wednesday.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Also in the Asian range - Punta Cava in Punta Cana village has a sushi night every Wednesday.
Not to mention Akai in Palma Real, Noah in Pueblo Bavaro and that one in Cap Cana. The restaurant in Corales (Punta Cana), Playa Blanca and that one at the club house have had guest chefs doing Asian cooking on occasions.

I will haul myself to the new restaurant at the earliest opportunity. Maybe we can combine the trip with the Chiris.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We had lunch at Serai over the weekend and I wish we'd tried it before - REAL Indian food! Excellent cooking, service, presentation and ambience. The owners are charming hosts and I heartily recommend it.

One correction to the OP - they close on Tuesdays.

They've been in business for about a year and are about to open a bakery.

Note to Brits: the menu even includes our "national dish" Chicken Tikka Masala. :D