Dominican Republics First Eco Enviro Friendly Sustainable Village

kiai

Jun 1, 2007
I am looking for any people,Retiree's,families,groups etc.that would be interested in a very serious proposed project for a cooperative Eco Sustainable Village in DR.I'll be in DR September 25th, 3rd time this year for meetings and looking at land in different areas to initiate a project.

Eco,enviro,housing,Organic farming,higher yield crops,better tasting healthier food,wind/solar power,pompeei ovens,earth ovens,vermiculture,composting,Living of the grid,with eco tourism potential and much much more.

Looking for people interested to help set up and Administer the project.The Founders so to speak.

For a project overview please contact me: paul_modde@yahoo.ca
serious only please no time for looky loooooooooo's

Save the tress, energy the environment,aid community health and well being.

Help build a Eco Enviro-Friendly Sustainable Village in Dominican Republic to be used as a model for potential in other areas of Dominican and the world.

Tropicdude

May 26, 2009
is it just people or people with money you are looking for

That is a good question.

If its a grass roots type deal, I can see people volunteering some time, I would even help out.

if its looking for investors, well that's a whole other ball game.

If people invest, they usually want a return on that investment, which means that this "eco enviro friendly sustainable village" would have too be profitable.
Not that this is a bad, thing, there will be interest in something like that.

I would be more interested in land that either someone donated and/or lots sold at comfortable rates, where people could migrate to over time. little "eco fincas" lol, where community rules were established. ( organic / self sustaining etc ). this way people could build their home, at their own pace, the way they like, over time.

kiai

Jun 1, 2007
of course gang it takes money so yes people with money or in kind is also viable at a certain point.Tropicdude you have right idea.I am looking at some land in Bonao on my return sept 25.A friend owns it a we will discuss possible involvement.Also other people have contacted me who's friends family have land to develop.

There are more and more people everyday that seek these kind of projects already living in DR or that want to retire there and other who want to escape city life.This we all know.

There will of course have to be community rules and all other things that groups societies villages etc have.Profitable of course.I will not waste my time effort or energy sending a Synopsis of the proposed village. But I will meet with anyone truly interested and will be happy to meet when I am in DR in a few weeks.

Any contacts or used building materials of any kind, large plastic drums, barrels water heaters,fridges etc etc etc.is appreciated.More information to follow.

No looky lou's.Seriously interested people can contact me.

cheers Mr.Natural

kiai

Jun 1, 2007
Update

I HAVE POSTED ON ANOTHER DOMINICAN FORUM. Dominican Today and it has been insinuated that I am out to scam people.If anyone here feels that way please don't contact me.

I am due to retire at 65 in a couple years and only hope to try and get people with like minds to try and initiate this project some where in DR somehow.

This is a Public Service announcement

This is always the problem when posting on sites public has access to.To many negative minded naysayers.

peace and goodwill to all.

Comments ideas suggestions are always welcome