Libya may build a refinery....

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
or maybe they will just participate.....

or maybe they just want somewhere new that will process the oil they want to sell....

or maybe Leonel REALLY needs new interpreters...

or maybe interpreters who aren't lambones......

What is this? about the 4th country that Dominican news services have reported WILL BUILD A REFINERY HERE??? dicho no es hecho amigos...

Something smells, and it's not the 2 week old egg salad sandwich in my lunchbox, Leonel.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Oh yes another refinery...it will go good with the gazillion dollars port that will be built in Manzanillo by businessmen from Dubai, and maybe that will provide enough fuel to run the artificial Island, the 10 luxury hotels + 2000 villas to be built in Corbanito, Bani and the gazillion room hotel to be built in Canoa...oh and let's not forget all those metro lines that will soon be criss-crossing the country.

I heard six flags is going to build the highest roller coaster in the world in The DR. It's going to go from the top of Pico Duarte down to Jarabacoa.

Sometimes I wonder if the "news" from the palace is being written by the guys from http://www.theonion.com/content/index...E pa lante que vamos...

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
That's all we need..Chavez and Khadafy owning our refineries. Attaboy Leonel! How about Gazpron building a gas pipeline from the Urals to Cordillera Central? How about the Taliban helping us grow poppie fields in Constanza? How about Hamas showing us how to build tunnels? Leonel knows no boundaries when it comes to pipedreams

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
if you thumb your nose at everyone who offers you the stuff that runs the world(oil) you had better be ready to fight for it. had you rather fight or negotiate?

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
or maybe they will just participate.....

or maybe they just want somewhere new that will process the oil they want to sell....

or maybe Leonel REALLY needs new interpreters...

or maybe interpreters who aren't lambones......

What is this? about the 4th country that Dominican news services have reported WILL BUILD A REFINERY HERE??? dicho no es hecho amigos...

Something smells, and it's not the 2 week old egg salad sandwich in my lunchbox, Leonel.

And what's wrong if Libya built a refinary in the DR?

If the UK government can strike a deal with Gaddafi and free the Lockerbie bomber just to have a oil deal with Libya, why can't the DR do the same, is not like we're going to free a mass murder. :cheeky:

They've just showed interest in building a refinary based on El List?nDiario, it's not a done deal.

Reactions: ExtremeR

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I thought the Chinese were developing the Lybian oil fields.

BP is the major player in Lybia at the moment, but the Chinese are there too. The Chinese are here in Algeria also. They have a presence in the most of the oilfields I have worked.

Last edited:

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
There probably won't be a new refinery being built. Not here and nowhere in the world. Chances are there isn't enough oil left to get amortisised
Johan

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
That's all we need..Chavez and Khadafy owning our refineries. Attaboy Leonel! How about Gazpron building a gas pipeline from the Urals to Cordillera Central? How about the Taliban helping us grow poppie fields in Constanza? How about Hamas showing us how to build tunnels? Leonel knows no boundaries when it comes to pipedreams

What's wrong with Chavez and Khadafy owning whatever please them in DR?, or are only the Britons who can look like "lambones" trying to have business with Libya?

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
There's plenty of oil.

Analyses show that the world has probably peaked and that the quantity of oil left is only half of what it used to be.
From here on it will be more and more difficult and costly to extract oil. With demand rising and supply falling prices will go up but the fields can?t produce more. There is no use for creating more refinery capacity. If you hear of a huge discovery do the maths. Daily world consumption is 86.000.000 barrils give or take a few. you?ll see that the great discovery will last a few months to a few years it has been about 40 years since a major oil field has been discovered.
So no reason to build a refinery

Johan

Reactions: ben jammin

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
Analyses show that the world has probably peaked and that the quantity of oil left is only half of what it used to be.
From here on it will be more and more difficult and costly to extract oil. With demand rising and supply falling prices will go up but the fields can?t produce more. There is no use for creating more refinery capacity. If you hear of a huge discovery do the maths. Daily world consumption is 86.000.000 barrils give or take a few. you?ll see that the great discovery will last a few months to a few years it has been about 40 years since a major oil field has been discovered.

Johan

Baloney, there's plenty of oil, watch out for Canada, Russia, Venezuela, Brazil etc.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007

Johan
this was the north sea oil and in spite of its impressive size it is in such decline today that britain is once again a net importer of fuel, with as much as 70percent of its reserves now depleted. notice the section on reserves and production North Sea oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
There probably won't be a new refinery being built. Not here and nowhere in the world. Chances are there isn't enough oil left to get amortisised
Johan

LOL, there's more oil than you or I can imagine, think of it this way, we will die (in our 80's or later hopefully) and still there will be plenty of oil to power things around.