uk settlement visa

miss confused

May 29, 2009
My story: I got married to my Dominican boyfriend on 10th August and we completed the online settlement visa application on 13th August. We had to make anappoinment to drop off our evidence of relationship / my job etc and a paper copy of application the next day (british embassy santo domingo). We had an email from new york on 24th to confirm they had received our application. They estimated 30 working days for a decision!! We received an email 28th to say his visa has been issued. I'm in shock!! Now we just waiting for it to arrive at the embassy. Can't wait to start my married life with my husband :)
rop off paper copy / our evidence of relationship and my job etc (Santo domingo british embassy). We received an email from new york on 24th August to confirm they had received our applicatio
App

ment to dro
p off a paper copy and evidence the next day (Brititsh embassy Santo domingo).

I

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes shocking would be the word for it. That's amazing but you must have had everything in order and passed all requirements.

Best of luck to you both

miss confused

May 29, 2009
Thanks!! Just had more good news ... His passport is ready for collection. Oh my god I can't believe it! Just need to figure out best way to get him a flight now

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
You will have to get a Schedule flight,
as he will not be able to get on a charter

Note if he travelled via USA
he would have to have a transit visa
the best way to go is to use Air France
they do not req a transit visa but double check
as that was a few years ago
if i was you i would use your small business travel agent
and dont forget to tell them about the transit visa VERY IMPORTANT
best of luck

miss confused

May 29, 2009
Thanks for all the messages and advice on travel. I rang a charter company and they told me that they are not allowed to sell tickets to anyone other than usa and european passport holders. I explained that he would have a uk settlement visa in his passport. They told me they could tell me if there was any seats and he could buy one from the airport. Does anyone know anyone that has done this??