I will dissappear again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Sorry guys everytime I get started my threads or replies run into technical problems. I just spend some time in a reply and it dissappeared. I have no patience for all this security stuff. This is not just happening in Dr1 but in all of blogs. Red tape has done me in again

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Golo, I've learned that any time I make a long post or one I don't want to risk losing... I highlight & copy the post before clicking 'submit'. If anything goes wrong, you can simply paste it in & try again. Saves some heartache.

By the way, 1800+ posts... you must not experience the issue too often ;)

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Same thing happens to me Golo. I usually write my message in Word first, and then cut and paste into a new message to avoid a DR1 timeout. It seems better to me to actually think about what I'm writing instead of just throwing it out there and then regretting it, and not being able to edit before that too is timed-out.

And we DO enjoy hearing from you. Carry on.

Sep 20, 2003
Sorry guys everytime I get started my threads or replies run into technical problems. I just spend some time in a reply and it dissappeared. I have no patience for all this security stuff. This is not just happening in Dr1 but in all of blogs. Red tape has done me in again

Golo, you're one of the most interesting posters on this site. I would hate to see you disappear. Life is intense now, and it's about to accelerate.

Please reconsider.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
So thats why it happens!!!!!

Always wondered what I did to vanish my post. Figgered I accidentally hit some key or other. Thanks, its good to know its not me after all. Thanks

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Use Word or a text editor for a long complex post. You can save a draft and come back later to finish it if you want.

Copy and paste it onto DR1 when it's a finished product.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Sometimes, whole threads go missing.
Remember this is not a democracy - it is a privately owned forum.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Sometimes I spend many, many minutes writing a post and never had one disappear. Even taking time to find the right cartoon image, looking for quotes from other related posts, etc.

Perhaps because I frequently preview it to see how it looks is why I never lose any.
That is probably the key factor.

Don Don

Status
Not open for further replies.