New to living in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

cally f

Sep 7, 2009
hi all .. i am new to this site, and just wanted to introduce myself, i have been living here for five months in torre alta, and i am slowly getting used to dominican life!!!

i was just wondering how many brits use this site, and how long you have lived here,, i have not met one english person, apart from in playa dorada!!! so would ne good to just have a chat and share experiences here..

also, im trying to open a business here but, the tourism is so quiet, i cant believe playa dorada is like a ghost town does anyone know whats happened... and do you think it would be wise to locate to punta cana.. any info on anything would be welcomed with opened arms!!!!!!!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Wecome to the DR and to DR1
I'm a Brit, live in Sosua with my wife and my daughter lives here too! Lots of Brits living in Sosua! I've been here 5 years and I'm still enjoying it! What type of business are you thinking of starting? It sounds as though it is aimed at tourism.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Welcome to DR1 & to Puerto Plata :). We're both Brits. and have been living in PP for nearly 17 years. There are at least 2 British women living in Torre Alta, both married to Dominican husbands - one is called Valerie & the husband of the other British woman runs a car hire business. There are quite a few Brits over in Costambar, also & a couple in Urbanizacion Atlantica.

Yes both the town itself & Playa Dorada are very quiet these days as businesses close & the recession hits.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hello cally, myself and Mr WB are also from England and have lived at our small finca outside Sabaneta for just over 3 years. We are not that close to you in POP but we acquired many good British, European, US, Canadian and, more importantly, Dominican friends here in all parts of the DR - a number of which we would attribute to introductions on this website of DR1. It takes time to establish good and trustworthy friends and contacts in a foreign land so always be cautious who you readily befriend....

Status
Not open for further replies.