Need help - purchasing a washer/dryer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianGolfer

Feb 7, 2008
Hi DR1 family,

My husband and I own a condo in Cabarete (Ocean One). I have recently had a baby and my husband finally sees the need for a washer/dryer. My 5 month old son and I arrive on October 7th for a month.

Can anyone tell me if La Sirena in POP carries STACKABLE washer/dryer combos?? I am looking for Whirlpool/GE/LG (something good quality). If so, I have a couple of questions:
1) How much?
2) Are they always in stock (I will need one asap)?
3) Do they deliver?
4) Do they instal the unit (I am not too handy and will be alone with the baby)?

OR do you suggest another place close by (we do not have a car) that I should try?

I truly thank you for your time and advice.

Yours truly,
Carrie

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you will find it in POP thou not necessarily in la sirena. try distribuidora gonzales or distribuidora corripio (both in a city centre).
you'd expect to pay 40k pesos plus. more for LG (in plaza lama they have for 56k pesos, prices in POP will be more or less the same).
delivery - yes.
installation - no idea.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi DR1 family,

My husband and I own a condo in Cabarete (Ocean One). I have recently had a baby and my husband finally sees the need for a washer/dryer. My 5 month old son and I arrive on October 7th for a month.

Can anyone tell me if La Sirena in POP carries STACKABLE washer/dryer combos?? I am looking for Whirlpool/GE/LG (something good quality). If so, I have a couple of questions:
1) How much?
2) Are they always in stock (I will need one asap)?
3) Do they deliver?
4) Do they instal the unit (I am not too handy and will be alone with the baby)?

OR do you suggest another place close by (we do not have a car) that I should try?

I truly thank you for your time and advice.

Yours truly,
Carrie

Ferreteria Linarnes is just yards from Ocean One in Cabarete and they have a good range from which to choose. Not sure of prices etc. as have not been in the market to buy one but certainly would be the most hassle-free place to purchase.

Last edited:

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
I saw a stackable combo washer/dryer in La Sirena POP this week. I can't remember the price, but probably around 50000 pesos more or less like dv8 said.

Status
Not open for further replies.