A week of Banking..............

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I just find this very amusing...............

History: Bank cards at BHD expired and need replacing..............
BanReserva now needs "security cards" in order to do transfers online.

SO, I should be able to hit both on one run downtown and take care of these matters in about 1 hour..............

Monday:

BanReserva next to the old Supermarcado Messon. Take a number and wait about 20 minutes to be told that the "they do not have communication with the system" and to come back another day, but not Tuesday since they will be closed.

Now proceed to BHD near Central Park. NO PROBLEMA, but the machine that you need to put the pin numbers on the card was not charged so please come back another day.......but not Tuesday since they are closed.....

Wednesday:

BanReserva next to the old Supermarket Messon. Take a number and wait about 10 minutes.........."Oh, you were here on Monday.......but sorry our system is now down.......but we are going to call the main office and see if they can do it. Yes, go to BanReserva near the Amber Museum and they will do it.

I decide to stop at BHD (near central park) first on the way, since I have to pass by it to go to BanReserva........."No problem, but we do not have an inventory of cards at the moment and we expect them to come in on Thursday night or Friday, so you will have to come back next week. I ask if the other BHD down the street has any and they are also out!....

PROCEED to BanReserva Main Office, take a number.......wait about 1/2 hour, the place is packed. Get to the desk and the girl says that they have a "problema con sistema" and I have to come back another day.

At this point, I said, NO, I WILL WAIT FOR YOU TO FIX THE PROBLEM AND JUST SAT THERE................She stared at me and once she figured out that I was not leaving, she called the supervisor...... The supervisor then came and between the two of them they figured out how to get the "problema con sistema" resolved and I got the Security Card for transfers that I needed.....

I then proceeded to tell the girl that my "tarjeta" for the ATM was also expired and I thought she was going to have a heart attack on the spot!

I am still laughing about the situation 6 hours later................AND will continue my banking errand on Monday..............

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Week 2 continued.........

MONDAY:

BanReserva: The Card that the gave me after fixing the "problema con sistema" doesn't work and it's been more than 24 hours. Called and they said I had to go back to the bank and withdraw at least $100RD from the ATM to activate the card before it will work on line............would have been nice if they just told me that when I was there.......... ACTIVATED IT TODAY AT 12:30 PM.......(MONDAY).........(so I am about 3/4 of the way done on this errand)

BHD: They had the cards and I was able to get the 7 that I needed.....the first 6 went real fast but the 7th took about 45 minutes since she couldn't find the account........even they i kept telling her that it ended in "1101" and not "1011"..........
BUT the cards don't work, since the PIN machine is not working and I will have to go back another day this week...............BUT I AM 1/2 WAY THERE!

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
MONDAY:

BanReserva: The Card that the gave me after fixing the "problema con sistema" doesn't work and it's been more than 24 hours. Called and they said I had to go back to the bank and withdraw at least $100RD from the ATM to activate the card before it will work on line............would have been nice if they just told me that when I was there.......... ACTIVATED IT TODAY AT 12:30 PM.......(MONDAY).........(so I am about 3/4 of the way done on this errand)

I think this may be a way of the bank employee silently retaliating for your insistence after they told you they were unable to fulfill your request?
Just a thought.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Well, the BanReserva card.........

MONDAY:

I think this may be a way of the bank employee silently retaliating for your insistence after they told you they were unable to fulfill your request?
Just a thought.

.........is working online this am..............
I understand your feeling, but after being here more than 15 years, I'd have to bet that it is more related to how they "do their work" than my "insistance".