Nightlife for girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millesa

Jun 22, 2009
Ok, so in about 2 weeks I'll be going back to the DR - Cabarete this time :)

I have a question about the nightlife in Cabarete / Sosua. All I seem to find here is advice for single guys and how Sosua is a great spot for single guys. How about girls? We're a group of girls - some single, some not. Would Sosua be worth a visit for us, or should we stick to the nightlife in Cabarete?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
you're probably better off in caberete along the beach bars. or have some drinks in sosua at the non-working girl bars.
and besides, i'm sure your egos won't mind a little attention. right ? :laugh:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I all depends on the type of "fun" you are looking for, what type of "attention" you'd enjoy handling, and which type you'd rather not.
I think that Cabarete's beach bars are a nice place to start. It's as safe as it can get around here, as long you don't let yourself be dragged off that sector and stay sober enough to stay in control.
If you have some control of Spanish, you might want to visit Puerto Plata's Malecon during the weekend and see that you leave on or before midnight.

A weekend night in Santiago could also give you a real life immersion into the real Dominican night life. But I would prefer for you to be accompanied by a trusted local resident expatriate who'd make sure you'd visit the right spots and stay clear of the not so right ones.

... J-D.

Millesa

Jun 22, 2009
Haha... a little attention is always good ;) But no, we're actually just looking for a cool place to have a dance and a couple of drinks without any hassle. Would definitely want to avoid working girl bars, but have no idea which ones are working girl bars and which ones aren't! Or I guess that's obvious when you get there?

I've been to the North Coast once before - Playa Dorada. Thought Cabarete might be more fun! Sosua (at night time) sounds like a place for prostitutes and guys on stag dos.... Is that so? If so, I guess we'll stay in Cabarete... :)

Rocko

Aug 9, 2009
For Caberte
Lax - casual, almost lounge type atmosphere.
Jose O'Shays - Irish sports bar. Live music after 10pm at night.
Bambu - disco/bar playing reggaeton, hip hop, some latin music
Onno's - disco/bar playing reggaeton, hip hop, some latin music
Calamar En Folie - Latin music nightly... merengue, bachata, salsa
VoyVoy - Karaoke night on Mondays, Ladies' Night on Thursday.

Cabarete is great for ladies, especially Bambu Bar.

you will still see some working girls in Caberte..........

and Sosua is great for the guys..........

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
VoyVoy - Karaoke night on Mondays, Ladies' Night on Thursday.

VoyVoy closed this time of year as usual... reopens a little before Halloween.

Millesa, you'll be quite happy in Cabarete I suspect - and happier than at Playa Dorada I'd think. If you don't mind, where are you staying... and what type of dancing do you want to do? There's a great bachata, merengue, salsa teacher in town and lessons are fun and reasonably priced at about US$15/hour.

What about daytime activities? Just lounging around the pool or want some ideas for day trips?

Millesa

Jun 22, 2009
VoyVoy closed this time of year as usual... reopens a little before Halloween.

Millesa, you'll be quite happy in Cabarete I suspect - and happier than at Playa Dorada I'd think. If you don't mind, where are you staying... and what type of dancing do you want to do? There's a great bachata, merengue, salsa teacher in town and lessons are fun and reasonably priced at about US$15/hour.

What about daytime activities? Just lounging around the pool or want some ideas for day trips?

Thanks for all the great advice. Cabarete sounds like the place for us :)

Well, if the weather is nice we're probably gonna be spending most of the days on the beach... But any suggestions for daytime activities would be much appreciated. What do to on a rainy day?? (Hope that won't happen ;) )

Last time we did a couple of tours through Mel Tours, and they were great, but I'm not sure we'll be up for sitting on a bus for hours again...

The dance lessons sound perfect. That might be something I can talk the girls into doing. How would we book?

Oh, and we're staying at Viva... I know - loads of people have been complaining about AI resorts, but that's the cheapest way to book from here (Holland). Flights only are more expensive than a package deal, so that's why we chose that :)

Aug 21, 2007
Viva is great for you. You can enjoy what the AI has to offer, but you can walk down to Cabarete Beach every day and enjoy that, too. Whenever my 20 something son comes here, he stays at Viva (instead of with me!) so he can enjoy the best of all worlds.....and yes, every night he would take in the nightlife of Cabarete Beach!

Have fun!
Lindsey

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Millesa,
Viva will be great for you. You can walk to all the bars/discos/restaurants day or night.

For the dance lessons, contact Tony at http://www.a-bailar.net The dance studio's about a 10 minute walk from Viva (in center of town).

Other daytime activities... kiteboarding lessons, windsurfing, there's a surf beach 3km away at Playa Encuentro (surf lessons available)... also can check Iguana Mama - Ecological Adventure Tours - Dominican Republic - Cabarete for some different tours including hiking or downhill bike tours. Horseback riding I'm sure can be arranged thru Viva. You really should enjoy yourselves in Cabarete.

Sosua... I'd say maybe a trip to the beach one day during the week if you like. I'd skip it at night if I were you. I skip it at night, myself.

Just look forward to a good time. If you have any questions, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.