Donations to Puerto Plata Orphanage

damore

Sep 15, 2009
I will be visiting the Domnican Republic in December and would like to donate some gently used children's clothing (at the suggestion of my 7-year old granddaughter) to an orphanage. I found some old posts with references to the Mustard Seed Orphanage for disabled children in Puerto Plata. Does anyone have any info on the protocol for dropping off donations to that orphanage or others in the area? Do we need to contact the director in advance, can we drop in?

BTBCF ( Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation)http://www.beyondthebeach.ca/ supports this orphanage, donations for Mustard Seed can be left Isaira Tours in Puerto Plata.
We cannot have donations dropped at the home as it would be too disruptive to the people at the home. We hope that people understand that the home has to have a "routine" and we try to intrude as little as possible.
The phone # of Isaira Tours is 809-320-1433 . They are in a plaza across from The Iberostar Costa Dorada.

annastratton

Oct 4, 2009
A Wonderful Guft!

I am just back from a Mission Trip and had the privilege of spending 2 hours with these children! The location is kept beautifully and those that care for these children are a blessing! Your donation will be well received I'm sure. God Bless you!!